• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Snow/Rain probability charts

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
NWS has developed a pretty nice graphical forecast for the US. It has some nice granularity settings, like 1", 2" 4" etc. It's a nice way to look at the whole tamale. That said, nothing beats a forecast from a local WFO. It will be interesting to watch this season.

I still like this for the getting me excited, though it only calls out precip intensity, not type or temps.

I'm also sticking with our trusty snowforecast.com. Looks like Whiteface gets the goods today.

Hoping to get a lot of use out of these and other good stuff this winter.

4aprice

Good stuff Bill. Last I saw track had shifted slightly east (Conn riv instead of Hudson riv) so maybe NNY and NVt fare better then 1st expected. Know it was snowing in VT this morning.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

ScottySkis

Ski trip to Whifteface haven't been in few years. Wonder what great forecaster Winnchill thinks.

Huck_It_Baby

That first link is pretty good, thanks.

I'm driving back home to Rochester, NY tomorrow to visit family for the holiday weekend. I'll be heading right into the thick of it!

Expecting a White-knuckled, looooong drive back!

ScottySkis

I hear Snow over a foot for hills east of Buffalo NY and south USA maybe time to visit relatives in the , hopefully some here are able to make the trip.