• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trails that are never open..

MadMadWorld

Black Magic at Magic. Granted it needs a TON of snow for it to fill in the landings for all the ledges. I poached it a few times last year after the Ski The East event and it was a lot of fun. The most challenging trail on the map I would say but most people have never skied it.

Smellytele

Black Magic at Magic. Granted it needs a TON of snow for it to fill in the landings for all the ledges. I poached it a few times last year after the Ski The East event and it was a lot of fun. The most challenging trail on the map I would say but most people have never skied it.

I skied it once with my oldest son and believe it was open.

whitemtn27

Killington - Valley Plunge, Touchdown - would be nice to have an end-of-day option to the bottom of Skyeship other than Great Eastern. Saw a kid tumble end over end down (closed) Valley Plunge last week and get his ticket yanked by an ambassador for his troubles.

Jiminy Peak - Upper Liftline, Upper Exhibition - looks like they have not even been clearing the brush from these the last few years, but they are still on the map.

steamboat1

Killington - Valley Plunge

The upper section of Valley Plunge is often open & is fun to ski. I think they keep the lower section closed for safety reasons, it does dump you out right on the main trail to the gondola. Very easy to hit someone traversing to the gondola. Must have been a few accidents there because years ago the lower section was often open also.

skiNEwhere

I don't really see the appeal to valley plunge. It's a normal black with normal pitch for its difficulty and short overall length.

Seems like people want to ski it now because it's a forbidden fruit of sorts, but when it was regularly open, would you really want to ski all the way to the Gondi on almost completely flat terrain for this trail?

canobie#1

I don't really see the appeal to valley plunge. It's a normal black with normal pitch for its difficulty and short overall length.

Seems like people want to ski it now because it's a forbidden fruit of sorts, but when it was regularly open, would you really want to ski all the way to the Gondi on almost completely flat terrain for this trail?

It's not flat, it's a nice stroll. Home Run is a fun trail.

Valley plunge is awesome. Nobody is ever on it and there's always some fresh pow when it's open. I have seen the bottom used before, but not last season. It disappoints me to see that they closed that funky piece of lower juggernaut. It was another popular run to the bottom when it was open and groomed.

emmaurice2

Jiminy Peak - Upper Liftline, Upper Exhibition - looks like they have not even been clearing the brush from these the last few years, but they are still on the map.

They were both open last year after a big snow, but yeah, not open often.

ceo

Jill Poke at Sugarloaf I've never seen open, and it's always half bare even when the rest of the mountain has tons of snow. Must be something about the wind patterns there (right below the Whiffletree upper terminal). (And it's kind of a goofy trail name even by Sugarloaf standards.)

dlague

We talked about this one on anther thread but Triple Take at Ragged. Some claim to have been on it but I rarely see it open.

dlague

What are some trails at any mountain that just seem to never be open?

Two words from me. Avenger- Attitash

I have skied Attitash 4 times one time per year over the past 4. Every time we have been there that trail has been open - scrapped off and fast as firk! Especially he initial headwall.