• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Trails that are never open..

canobie#1

I've only skied it once with snowmaking coverage on it and once very a very thin layer of natural snow.

As for triple take, it's usually open when the top of not too shabby is open. Triple take has some major, steep drops that require a lot of base so it makes sense.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Avenger was open last year even in the worst of seasons. Basically only half of it as that was as far as the guns on it could cover.

IMO the trail should be a top priority for getting open wall to wall. It's a pretty great steep cruiser (Would be an even better bump run) and could absorb a lot of skier traffic. It seems to be one of the last trails that sees snowmaking each season. I think it should be a priority for Christmas week.

dlague

Avenger was open last year even in the worst of seasons. Basically only half of it as that was as far as the guns on it could cover.

IMO the trail should be a top priority for getting open wall to wall. It's a pretty great steep cruiser (Would be an even better bump run) and could absorb a lot of skier traffic. It seems to be one of the last trails that sees snowmaking each season. I think it should be a priority for Christmas week.

That will never be a bump trail because lots of race training is done on that trail. Every time I was there that was the case. No gates just training.

deadheadskier

Staff member
Maybe most years. Last year not from what I saw. Illusion was the race trail. But my experience at Attitash is very limited. It's only a bad weather change of pace place for me from Wildcat. 2 days a year maybe. They ever replace the summit triple and maybe that changes

Jully

When Attitash hosts Super G training for NH youth race leagues they do it on that trail too. There are gates that I've seen before too. Not that they couldn't bump it up in between... but yeah.

skixc2

I agree with Triple Take and Not Too Shabby at Ragged. Here's some others:
Liftline @ Attitash (Bear Side, Abinakee Quad)
Upper Galloping Goose and Lostbo @ Black Mtn. (NH)
Twister @ Abenaki (Wolfeboro, NH)
Chunnel and Juggernaut Too @ Killington
YOOYM @ Whaleback

ExtremeRyan

Upper Goat and Upper Lookout at Stowe

Undercut at Loon

Hard Ball at Sunday River

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

bdfreetuna

I feel like the judge and nor'easter at K haven't been open in years

Guessing you mean The Jug. But I've skied that every season, it just takes a while to open on natural snow and the South Ridge is a neglected area.

Nor'easter at K I have no idea what that trail is so you may be right!

Flume while it does open is rarely open when I'm at Killington. Also noticed Juggernaut, which I last skied probably at the age of 10, is now a BLUE Square?? How does a trail with an average 1% grade achieve a blue square rating? Most likely because of the aerobic factor of skating on miles upon miles of flats?

skiNEwhere

Lol! He's talking about The Judge and Nor'easter over in Northeast Passage, off the Hawks Nest mid-station.

Where's the finger on the nose emoji when you need it? :)

There used to be some good blacks off of sunshine that were lost when the lift was chopped

skiNEwhere

Also noticed Juggernaut, which I last skied probably at the age of 10, is now a BLUE Square?? How does a trail with an average 1% grade achieve a blue square rating? Most likely because of the aerobic factor of skating on miles upon miles of flats?

lmao. I used to think that should be part of any ski off, not because of difficulty but more so to test your physical stamina and endurance of your triceps.