GoPros

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: GoPros

GoPros

Is there a big difference between the 3 and the 3+?

Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

I haven't been following all the recent GoPro models, but from a quick glance at the comparison on the website it looks like the 3 would be more than adequate, unless you plan on making production quality videos. That said I always try to buy the highest model I can afford, because when I don't I'm always disappointed... The 3+ has more megapixels, fps, and FOV options. Unless you're talking about the 3+ Black Edition, which adds 4K video, other resolutions, and a bunch more options.
    Brian

The 3 is really awesome with wifi..i have the app on my iphone and can watch/record/send vids or pics right from my phone. Cant wait to use it this year.

Sent from my iPhone

Some BestBuy's have the have the GoPro 3 black edition for $250 ... in store pick-up only.
    Whatever hits the fan will not be distributed evenly.

One key aspect is megapixels for photos if you want to enlarge the photo otherwise barely distinguishable

Another key aspect frames per second - the Black Ed. can go up to 60 FPS which allows you to grab stills from video with no bluring.

Black has better low light video and photo.

these are a few examples
    2012-2013 (39)
    2013-2014 (36)
    2014-2015 (51)
    2015-2016 (47)

2016-2017 target - 50

If you take what the mountain gives you, you will always have fun!

I'm thinking about a 3+ to upgrade my 2. I also use it for non-skiing stuff like wedding videos and baby videos and blah blah blah.

If I were strictly using it for skiing, a 3 is more than enough as they all perform really well in good lighting conditions
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

seems to me like the main difference is in the still shooting capabilities so if you want it for video why pay more? Also, Stills made from HD video are still way lower resolution that a still shot as a still. They are OK for the web but not really great for printing...not that anyone prints photos anymore.
    form is a 4 letter word

Quote Originally Posted by wa-loaf View Post
    Some BestBuy's have the have the GoPro 3 black edition for $250 ... in store pick-up only.
    Sounds like a good deal, I would go for it. I couldn't find too much online, but what I could find looks like the 3 BE is pretty comparable to the 3+ BE.
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by bvibert View Post
    Sounds like a good deal, I would go for it. I couldn't find too much online, but what I could find looks like the 3 BE is pretty comparable to the 3+ BE.
    Edit, check this out:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m6HOUMfmZkY

I can't hear the audio at work, but it looks to be the comparison you're looking for...
    Brian

Quote Originally Posted by crank View Post
    seems to me like the main difference is in the still shooting capabilities so if you want it for video why pay more? Also, Stills made from HD video are still way lower resolution that a still shot as a still. They are OK for the web but not really great for printing...not that anyone prints photos anymore.
    Even for printing they are OK as long as they are limited in size like a 5x7. The problem with video is that it normally has some "blur" which is OK in video because between frames the blur makes thigns look smoother and the frame to frame transition better. But if you are just capturing one video frame then the blur can be annoying, especially with action sports where you want a fast shutter speed to "freeze" the action.
    Free Stickers - e-mail your address to nick@alpinezone.com.

Check AZ out on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Vimeo and Google+

Get AZ on your mobile phone!

Thread Information