• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Belleayre 12/3/2013

catskills

Correction date was actually Wed 12/4/2014.

Wow this early in the season and snow quality and conditions at Belleayre is the best I have seen in over 10 years. Snow was awesome wet granular but not thick mash potatoes. I started late around noon time. There was almost nobody on the mountain. Temp around 35 and partly cloudy. Just a perfect day.

Trails from the top going from skiers right to left served by super chief high speed quad lift:

1. Roaring Brook (easy blue intermediate) top to bottom wet granular groomed
  2. Onandoga / horsehoepass (blue intermediate) top to bottom wet granular groomed
  3. Wanatuska single black diamond most difficult trail top to bottom wet granular groomed
  4. Mohawk moguls single black diamond to Wanatuska moguls wet granular
  5. Onteora top moguls more like whales double diamond expert trail wet granular (required uphill climb from super chief lift because lift 7 was not running midweek).
  6. Onteora midstation down (blue intermediate) wet granular groomed
  7. Iroguois lower mountain green easiest trail served by fixed grip double chair 1

Belleayre is off to a great start this season. I don't think I have seen both intermediate trails Roaring Brook and Onondaga / Horseshoe opened this early in over a decade.

Do your Christmas shopping online and go skiing.