• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Collapsible or Telescopic Pole suggestions

C-Rex

As a snowboarder I sometimes find myself in situations where poles would come in handy, like traversing sidecountry or catwalks. I'd like something telescopic that shrinks down small enough to fit in a pack, or at least if I have to keep it outside the pack it doesn't get in the way. It needs to have strong locks when extended so it doesn't collapse on me when I'm trying to push off. And of course if it wasn't too expensive that would be nice. Any suggestions?

ijenn

I'm thinking about buying trekking poles for winter, and want telescopic ones - I heard that the flip-lock type are better in cold weather than the screw-tightening, as sometimes those freeze and are hard to collapse. I'll check out these suggestions too - thanks!