Does anyone make their own Skis? or are interested in contributing to the design of ?

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Does anyone make their own Skis? or are interested in contributing to the design of ?

I know there are a few people out there who take the time to make their own skis. If anyone here has done so I would like to hear your stories. Pictures would be nice too!

I do 3D modeling and drafting for a living, and I'd be interested in helping if someone were looking to give it a try.
    DAYS ON THE SNOW
    2013-2014: 29
    2014-2015: 23 (so far)

Mount Snow: 11/27P, 12/20, 1/27P, 1/31, 2/13
    Stowe: 12/6P, 12/7
    Pico: 12/13P
    Smuggs: 1/9, 1/10, 1/11
    Berkshire East: 1/28, 3/2
    Killington: 2/6P, 2/7P
    Magic: 2/9P
    Stratton: 2/22P
    Plattekill: 3/1
    Jackson Hole: 3/19, 3/20, 3/21, 3/23, 3/24

*plug*

true. It is a indirect plug. Although I'm really trying to gauge the interest of the ski community. It is clear that there are a lot of passionate skiers but you don't hear much about the tinkerers, the hobbyists or those with a curiosity about designs and challenges in technology. I want to hear those stories. We are trying to work on a community project but I was curious what other skiers projects were.
    Frank
    Co-Founder
    Kicker Snowsports [Washington, DC]
    www.kickersnowsports.com

Contact forum member Mishka. He has made his own.
    Live, Ski or Die Trying!!!
    "Life is not measured by the numbers of breaths we take, but by the ski runs that take our breath away."

SKI THE EAST!!!!!!

VT & Harlem NYC, but I am from California
    this sounds like something the cool kids in Williamsburg and Portland might do

While living in Buffalo in the mid 80's I skied at Holiday Valley. I began to see a skier or two show up with very short ski skates.

After moving to Concord,Ma last year I bought a pair of Line Prophets. A bit of googling the history of Line skis. I'm almost certain that I was seeing the skis made as a project by a University of Buffalo student. He later started Line skiis.

Quote Originally Posted by OffPeak View Post
    While living in Buffalo in the mid 80's I skied at Holiday Valley. I began to see a skier or two show up with very short ski skates.

After moving to Concord,Ma last year I bought a pair of Line Prophets. A bit of googling the history of Line skis. I'm almost certain that I was seeing the skis made as a project by a University of Buffalo student. He later started Line skiis.
    I believe that guy has just started his own new company J ski's, look up his wed site prices seam good.

Quote Originally Posted by Puck it View Post
    Contact forum member Mishka. He has made his own.
    Yup, I'd send him a PM

You can look at this thread where he goes over the considerations http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...sign-next-skis
    2016/2017 Days - 34 (inc. 10 BC)
    2015/2016 Days - 57 (inc. 2 BC)
    2014/2015 Days - 58
    2013/2014 Days - 47 (inc. 6 BC)

I'll tell you where. Someplace warm. A place where the beer flows like wine. Where beautiful women instinctively flock like the salmon of Capistrano. I'm talking about a little place called Aspen.

Quote Originally Posted by skiNEwhere View Post
    Yup, I'd send him a PM

You can look at this thread where he goes over the considerations http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthr...sign-next-skis

Exactly what I was looking for. Happy to see we aren't the only crazy ones making our own skis. Thanks. I'll be on the slopes today for the first time on the first pair of skis my buddies and I made. I'm pretty excited. We had a long summer developing a few prototypes and getting our manufacturing process down. Today is the day all those months will pay off!
    Frank
    Co-Founder
    Kicker Snowsports [Washington, DC]
    www.kickersnowsports.com

Thread Information