• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

How Many Ski Days so far 2013/14

xlr8r

My season ended tonight at Wawa. 20 days total, no complaints, a great season.

gostan

Five yrs ago i had open heart surgery with a triple bypass and skiing was my motivation to get thru the event and all it entailed in terms of rehab and recovery . YET even with my preferred penchant for OPTIMISM, it was daunting . I was 66 yrs old and had faced death on a personal level so i had to sublimate the fear and focus on what i loved to do ski .

Fortunately he we are five years later and i just skied the second highest number of days in my skiing career so life is good . having said that conquering one,s fear after any serious injury is and will continue to be daunting BUT it is normal .

Look u guys know me , Life is not a dress rehersal , we go around one time , so celebrate what we CAN do . AND WE here SKI and all of us are COMMITTED ro this life style and all it entails and THAT makes us ageless and able to rage on with great gusto ,even given differing levels of ability .. Just Keep on keeping on .
WD, you are an inspiration for sure. Keep it up. I turned 65 yesterday and my melanoma returned with a vengeance one year ago. Let's just say that this past year was a real challenge and I never thought that I would get to ski at all this season. But, somehow things got a little better over the past month and I have 4 days in at Sugarbush. I may get one more weekend in, but I am looking forward to more days next season. Skiing is still the one thing that allows me to forget about all of the BS.

jimk

Some inspirational stories and great attitudes here in AZ land!! 21 days for me and speaking of inspirational...

robertoclementedexterpress1967.jpg

My ski season is done and that's a decent number for me. Used to ski twice that or more back in the '70s and '80s and hope to ramp-up next year when I'm considering retiring. Skied locally (within 2-3 hours of Wash DC) from Nov 30th to Apr 5th. As far as I can remember in 47 consecutive seasons I never skied locally (mid-Atlantic) in Nov or Apr before, so that is a unique double header for me and testimony to how consistently cool and good our season's been down here for skiing on man-made snow.

My son told me the other day he thinks he has 57 days. He instructs at a local hill in south-central PA on weekends. One thing he mentioned is that almost all his days are full days (if you count mostly standing around the beginner hill a full day). His ski days often start before 8am and finish after 8pm. Usually at the beginning and end of the day is when he gets some free skiing.

We also took two excellent trips together this winter to CO and ME/NY.

steamboat1

Still stuck at 32

Was in VT. this past weekend, didn't ski, had a good time though.

Missed 2 or 3 other days due to weather while in ski country.

Not done yet.

ScottySkis

Skied Utah for the first time at snowbird, so 31
How did you enjoy the place.?

Ii am at 28.5 i did some hlaf days. i might get to 30 this weekend if my kungs dont kill me. If something happens i like my asheshes to be flown oon my hill of most enjoyment in Roxbury NY.

Madroch

34-- not enough. Hopin for 2 more-- 1 is more likely-- that perfect 70 degree day on superstar in May!!

Warp Daddy

WD, you are an inspiration for sure. Keep it up. I turned 65 yesterday and my melanoma returned with a vengeance one year ago. Let's just say that this past year was a real challenge and I never thought that I would get to ski at all this season. But, somehow things got a little better over the past month and I have 4 days in at Sugarbush. I may get one more weekend in, but I am looking forward to more days next season. Skiing is still the one thing that allows me to forget about all of the BS.

Stan : Thats the spirit Brother !!! We just keep plugging along . Everyday is a BANQUET !! getting out there doing what you love and with whom you love is the special juice that keeps us motivated and engaged and refreshed spiritually .

One great lesson i learned is that the ONLY thing i can control is my ATTITUDE about stuff . i am reminded of the story of Victor Frankel. Who when the Nazi,s had killed his wife , tortured him and stipped him naked in front of the entire prison contingent uttered that statement . They can do all this to me BUT they cannot choose how I choose to react . talk about courage and right thinking a very powerful message .

Stan all the best my good man , Rage On Bro !

Warp

chuckstah

Day 47 today at Loon. Fifth day in April. Spring is finally here. Hopefully day 48 Sunday for passholders BBQ at Sunday River.

steamboat1