• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Kuhl Clothing and Gear

thetrailboss

Staff member
Anyone use them? Like them?

I got a couple tops from Snowbird this weekend from them. One is the Alpenwurx and the other is the Rival zip top. They seem to be nice around town/apres ski items and not really technical things. But they look good and I don't think I will be on Queer Eye for the Straight Guy anytime soon.

thetrailboss

Staff member
They look very stylish...more for walking around Park City instead of skiing Park City. I'm OK with that. Looks like good quality as well and they fit well.

Cannonball

Yeah, I have some stuff from Kuhl. One shirt in particular that a liked a lot. Then my brother said I looked like a "hipster cowboy". He actually meant it as a compliment....but now I'm not so sure I like the shirt anymore.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Yeah, I have some stuff from Kuhl. One shirt in particular that a liked a lot. Then my brother said I looked like a "hipster cowboy". He actually meant it as a compliment....but now I'm not so sure I like the shirt anymore.

Hipster cowboy. My stuff definitely makes me look like a rich New Yorker walking around Jackson, Wyoming trying to fit in! :lol:

darent

I have some t-shirts, like the styling ,and also a pair of their pants I use for hiking in the summer, nice pants ,lite weight and dry quick

thetrailboss

Staff member
So I love the Kuhl items that I have. I just snagged another Kuhl Revel 1/4 zip this past weekend from Sundance Resort with their (low key) logo on it. Love the natural colors. I wear the Scandanavian Full Zip to work and it is fashionable and appropriate for a "business casual" workplace. Love the feel of the outer material. The only problem was that it pilled pretty badly on my shirt last week.

The Alpenwurx is also cool looking with the suede. But it is not windproof.

So more lifestyle than techy.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. So I got another top at Canyons last weekend. The full zip revel. Love it. And I'm in trouble because these guys are located in SLC as well :eek:

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump.

Just got this item: http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/long-sleeve/coffeenna-hoody/

My advice is don't. They have made a new fabric using coffee grounds. Awesome idea. But it is so thin that it snags, pulls, even tears when you wear it. Put on a backpack? It tears. Send this one back to the drawing board. :sadwalk:

Follow up: I took it back to the retailer on Sunday. No problem there. I really, really thought about doing an exchange, but I did not want to be in the same position again.

I also wrote a review on Kuhl's site. Just got an Email from the rep there...nice guy who admitted that they are having issues with the fabric and wanted to make it right with me. Offered to swap, credit, or do whatever I needed. Very nice Email. I wrote back saying that I appreciated the response and that they heard the feedback. I also said that it went back already, but I was happy that they reached out. Kudos there.

dlague

Bump.

Just got this item: http://www.kuhl.com/kuhl/mens/long-sleeve/coffeenna-hoody/

My advice is don't. They have made a new fabric using coffee grounds. Awesome idea. But it is so thin that it snags, pulls, even tears when you wear it. Put on a backpack? It tears. Send this one back to the drawing board. :sadwalk:

That is trying to hard to be ecologically responsible! The thought is there but ....

i typed with my i thumbs using AlpineZone

thetrailboss

Staff member
All I have to say is. Why recycled coffee grounds?

I wouldn't want to be the guy responsible for sorting that from the trash. Obviously they must collect it from coffee shops like DD and Starbucks already sorted from the trash.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone