• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

'Munsters' Star Yvonne De Carlo Dies at 84

ChileMass

Bummer - Lily Munster died today. Probably from one of Grandpa's crazy spells......

What a great stupid show. The idea that Herman (Fred Gwynne) took his lunchpail and went off to a factory job every day was just hilarious. And Al Lewis as Grandpa was the best. He had more dumb vaudeville jokes than anyone in the history of TV. Hard to believe it was only on for 2 years (1964-66). Also - it was always kinda blasphemous to watch The Ten Commandments and check out how hot young Yvonne DeCarlo was, especially when she was playing such a holy character. I had to go to confession after that every year.........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_en_tv/obit_de_carlo

Last edited:

JimG.

Staff member
Bummer - Lily Munster died today. Probably from one of Grandpa's crazy spells......

What a great stupid show. The idea that Herman (Fred Gwynne) took his lunchpail and went off to a factory job every day was just hilarious. And Al Lewis as Grandpa was the best. He had more dumb vaudeville jokes than anyone in the history of TV. Hard to believe it was only on for 2 years (1964-66). Also - it was always kinda blasphemous to watch The Ten Commandments and check out how hot young Yvonne DeCarlo was, especially when she was playing such a holy character. I had to go to confession after that every year.........

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20070110/ap_en_tv/obit_de_carlo

Herman worked in the mortuary, not a factory. And how crazy is it that a classically trained actor like Fred Gwynn found his greatest fame on a TV show like 'The Munsters"?

That was a great show. Grandpa was hilarious. The whole family was a laugh. And you had to love Marylin.

Last edited by a moderator:

wintersyndrome

Al Lewis, 'grandpa' was a cannabis proponent so who knows what his 'crazy spells' entailed

and Marylin...that girl made my nature rise before I even understood what getting excited was all about

Similar effect from Ginger and Mary-Anne

Last edited by a moderator:

SkiDork

Herman worked in the mortuary, not a factory. And how crazy is it that a classically trained actor like Fred Gwynn found his greatest fame on a TV show like 'The Munsters"?

That was a great show. Grandpa was hilarious. The whole family was a laugh. And you had to love Marylin.

Or as they called it on the show "The Parlor"

Paul

Also pretty well-known for Car-54 Where are You? Two shows he absolutely HATED talking about later in life...

I swear I had no idea Yvonne was still alive, I thought she died years ago, but then, I'm probably confusing her with Carolyn Jones (Morticia Addams)