• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Unofficial New Hampshire gathering

Cannonball

I'm not looking to step in as a coordinator here and I'm not even sure about my schedule for skiing/riding on Sunday. But here are a few things to know in order to make this work out:

1. Peabody Base (Exit 34c) is going to be the best place for everyone to meet.
    1. Puckit like to park at the Zoomer lift but there are no ticket sales or amenities there.
    2. I like to park at the tram, you can buy a ticket here but there are very limited amenities i.e. no beer!!
  2. The Peabody area has 2 separate lodges:
    1. The Peabody Lodge (on the right as you are walking up) which has the pub, cafeteria, etc. It will be crowded here on Sunday.
    2. The Notchview Lodge (on your left as you are walking up). Notchview is more of the brownbag area, although they do have a small cafe now with some food and beer. Tends to have a little more elbow room and is better for gearing up. I'd recommend this as the best spot if people are trying to connect.
    3. Rentals and lessons are in separate building to the far right as you are walking up.
  3. ​Two-for-ones at Cannon are pretty lenient. If you are solo or have an odd number in your group just ask around. Someone will hook up with you. You don't have to worry about being discrete about it like at some other places. Having cash on hand always makes 2-4-1 transactions with a stranger much easier.

If you are looking for a place to stay check out this write up I did in a separate thread recently: http://forums.alpinezone.com/showthread.php/127645-Super-Bowl-Sunday-Skiing

I do hope to get some turns in on Sunday and it would be cool to hook up with some AZers. I will most likely be boarding (unless I'm convinced to ski) so I'll look something like: Inca Snowboard, black pants, bright green & orange rossi "snowboard" jacket, black & white smith helmet with brim & cannon sticker, reddish/grey beard, biggest nose you've ever seen!

I'm not thrilled with the idea of tossing my phone number up here publicly, but if anyone wants to shoot me a PM we could exchange numbers to improve chances of meeting up.

Cheers

deadheadskier

Staff member
With all you yahoos at Cannon on Sun, maybe I'll ski Wildcat with their $39 ticket.

I skied there on Superbowl Sunday a few years ago after recent snow, mountain pretty much 100% open and decent weather. Crowds weren't an issue especially in the afternoon.

xwhaler

If we boot up at the car and can buy tix at the Tram, is the Tram a more ideal place to park from an access standpoint?
We likely wont be up there on skis until 9 or so would look to meet up with folks after that.

Puck it

If we boot up at the car and can buy tix at the Tram, is the Tram a more ideal place to park from an access standpoint?
We likely wont be up there on skis until 9 or so would look to meet up with folks after that.

Yes. You will probably be closer. If you park by the main base then you will be in the lower lot.

mishka

Cannonball PM send

Puck it I got your number from last year. I'll call you if will not get connected with anybody. If it's okay with you of course

Will try to get to Peabody by 8--8:30

MadMadWorld

I don't mind being the coordinator. If people want to send me a PM to let me know they are going I will be happy to pass along my cell and work out a meeting spot.

Puck it

I don't mind being the coordinator. If people want to send me a PM to let me know they are going I will be happy to pass along my cell and work out a meeting spot.

I will be shooting for first chair at Zoomer but may be late, I have to be at UCONN for a hockey game on Saturday night. I will wearing a yellow Mammut jacket, black pants and black helmet.

xwhaler

Yes. You will probably be closer. If you park by the main base then you will be in the lower lot.

Is it possible to get changed in the Tram Base if we wanted to avoid booting up at the car? Or can you not leave bags in there?
Leaving Epping NH at 7 so should be in the Tram lot by 8:35 or so.

MadMadWorld

Who's in on this? Meet up details?

I'll be sending out a group text tonight. I'll be at the Peabody lodge at 830 and can meet up with anyone getting lift tickets. Some people will be at the tram at 815. Maybe the tram folks can do a run and meet anyone at the base? Anyone who is interested can call my cell or text the group!

JDMRoma

Ill be over at the tram…early ! With a little fresh snow overnight it should be a fun day !