• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stolen jacket, need help!

bruzzy17

Hi Everyone! Am hoping someone on here can help me. My boyfriend's coat was taken from a bar in Astoria in New York City tonight, and there was one coat left in the bar which we think belonged to whoever may have left the bar with his. The only identifying piece of information in the coat was a 1 day rental pass from Mt. Snow from December 21, 2013. There are some numbers and the word 'curran' at the bottom of the pass. Do you know if this could be the guy's last name? We are hoping it was an honest mistake and are trying to track it down.

Not only that, but my boyfriend's PASSPORT is in the coat, and we are supposed to be leaving for Jamaica on the 29th!!! He is going to be meeting my family for the first time. If we can't get the passport and coat back, our vacation and New Year's will be totally ruined. He is beyond upset, as am I. Anyone with information that could help us, please contact me.

V

Attachments

• photo11.jpg
    photo11.jpg
    74.5 KB · Views: 262

catskills

I would call Mt Snow today. I would bet there are enough numbers on that ticket to identify what credit card was used. Its possible Mt Snow has a video of the purchaser. It is very possible MT snow keeps their ticket sales records for only 7 days. Find out how long they keep their sales data and video tapes.

drjeff

Since that ticket included rentals, there is a very good chance that not only will tey have the name of the person who did the renting, but also contact information. The question is will they legally be able to give you the info over the phone?? In today's overly cautious litigious society, unfortunately that may be a significant issue :(

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Let us know what happens! Definitely echo the call mt snow asap. You might need to engage the police first before they given up any info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

bruzzy17

Let us know what happens! Definitely echo the call mt snow asap. You might need to engage the police first before they given up any info.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Thanks so much to all of you who replied, what a great community. I did call Mt. Snow, but only got someone in patron services since it was early. I emailed her the lift ticket, but she said that she doesn't think they keep records on day passes, just season ones. She said she'd look at it and get back to me if she thought of anything. We have gotten the police involved here in NY, just in case. I am keeping fingers crossed that it was just a drunken mistake, since the two jackets are similar. If any of you have any other ideas of who else I could call, that would be great! Still hoping and praying that we get to go on our trip.

jaysunn

Have you asked the Bar Room if they have any camera footage from the night, it is Queens. I am sure they keep a camera around the bar area, Also what type of Jacket is it? I know that the Marmot jackets are targets in NYC. Hope all turns out well.

Abominable

Craigslist has a lost and found section, not sure if that's any help.

skiNEwhere

If mt snow won't give out the personal information (if they have it) I would ask them to call the person that ticket belongs to. If they won't do that I'd ask them to turn it over to the police and ask them to contact that person.

Good luck, let us know how this works out!

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Have you been incessantly calling the bar to see if anything has been returned? You should be doing it IN PERSON at this point. That way you meet the staff face to face and make a connection. Otherwise you are just one more voice on the phone. You might be able to post a note over the coathook, and, it wouldn't hurt to post a reward.

AdironRider

No ski resort is going to give out that information, its against the law. (CC info, purchasers contact info,etc)

Contact the authorities. But you are not going to get this back unless the person with the jacket is a good Samaritan.

gmcunni

a helpful customer service person at Mount Snow *MIGHT* contact their recent customer to let them know their jacket was found and offer to put them in touch with the person who has it.

bruzzy17

Thanks a lot, everyone, keeping fingers crossed and will keep you posted. Hopefully this has a happy conclusion!

bruzzy17

Have you been incessantly calling the bar to see if anything has been returned? You should be doing it IN PERSON at this point. That way you meet the staff face to face and make a connection. Otherwise you are just one more voice on the phone. You might be able to post a note over the coathook, and, it wouldn't hurt to post a reward.

Totally agree, we are on it, thanks!

octopus

this is awesome, a mystery game! seriously though, this site gets some pretty random topics out of nowhere.

bruzzy17

this is awesome, a mystery game! seriously though, this site gets some pretty random topics out of nowhere.

I know, right? :) People on here have been pretty helpful though, you guys are a great bunch!

twinplanx

I admire your enthusiasm bruzzy, just ignore the negativity here. I assume you may have posted on multiple forums and hope your efforts are rewarded.

I am really rooting for a happy ending to this latest AZ Mystery. Have at least SOME faith in a Humanity guys. I think I could safely say that if ANY of us went home with the wrong jacket and found a PASSPORT it would be returned with the quickness.

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk