• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stolen jacket, need help!

Bumps

Assuming your boyfriend is a us citizen, Go to travel.state.gov and look for lost/stolen passports. If you go to a processing center in person, they will help you get set up to travel. They only do this for lost/stolen passports because they want to keep anyone traveling on your old one. Same for foreign embassy or consulate if he is not a US citizen. Go there in person and they will take care of you.

BenedictGomez

I admire your enthusiasm bruzzy, just ignore the negativity here.

Other than perhaps Dearborn, MI, Astoria, NY is perhaps the last place in America I'd want my valid US passport lost or stolen.

Are you sure the jacket was stolen and not lost with the skis up on the kitchen wall?

I'm still upset we have no closure on that.

ScottySkis

Other than perhaps Dearborn, MI, Astoria, NY is perhaps the last place in America I'd want my valid US passport lost or stolen.

I'm still upset we have no closure on that.
Astoria is not bad it ok, you want hardened life in NYC south Bronx is some of the worst parts if NYC.

BenedictGomez

Astoria is not bad it ok, you want hardened life in NYC south Bronx is some of the worst parts if NYC.

Statement had nothing to do with "hardened life in NYC", just the least desirable place I'd want my passport to go missing.

twinplanx

Statement had nothing to do with "hardened life in NYC", just the least desirable place I'd want my passport to go missing.

So what are your saying? Is the Greek Mafia known to move lost/stolen passports?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

So what are your saying? Is the Greek Mafia known to move lost/stolen passports?

Astoria isnt nearly as Greek as it used to be. Hasnt been for a while. Now it's the go-to place for various Middle Eastern and Pakistani foods. Some decent Indian spots there too, but for Indian you'll do just fine in Manhattan in Curry Hill.

twinplanx

Yup...probably gonna want to report that lost passport to the proper authorities

legalskier

Assuming your boyfriend is a us citizen, Go to travel.state.gov and look for lost/stolen passports. If you go to a processing center in person, they will help you get set up to travel.

Good advice. They advise victims to "Report a lost or stolen valid passport immediately!"
http://travel.state.gov/passport/lost/lost_848.html#ReplaceLostStln

If you're going to go the Mt Snow route, go right to the top...of the organization, not the mountain. ;-)
Time is of the essence. Contact Erik Barnes, Joe Hanzalik and/or Doug Daniels. As someone noted above, they may try to contact the person & ask him to contact you:
http://mountsnow.com/pdf/recruitment-brochure.pdf
Problem is, this is a holiday week so it may slow down the process. But it is worth a shot.

RootDKJ

Website
phresheez.com
If I worked at mount snow, I wouldn't give out any information to you (OP) or the police (unless they have a warrant, which isn't happening for a missing jacket).

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
It's probably at the bottom of a pile in some pimply-faced kid's room. Look for it when the first hard frost comes.

attachment.php

Attachments

• cl.jpg
    cl.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 197

twinplanx

I though it was thrown off some backcountry cliff at Stowe...