• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Gallery and News question.

tcharron

1) Can the Gallery host small videos as well as images?

2) How does one submit news/event things on the main page?

Greg

Staff member
1) Can the Gallery host small videos as well as images?
Currently, no. I'd like to come up with a video directory, but we don't have the bandwidth/disk space to store everyone's videos at this point. If you don't have your own hosting space, try Google Video or YouTube. BTW, if you use YouTube, you can embed your videos using

Press releases can be sent to editor@alpinezone.com&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1">

Press releases can be sent to editor@alpinezone.com&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

tcharron

Currently, no. I'd like to come up with a video directory, but we don't have the bandwidth/disk space to store everyone's videos at this point. If you don't have your own hosting space, try Google Video or YouTube. BTW, if you use YouTube, you can embed your videos using editor@alpinezone.com&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1">editor@alpinezone.com&hl=en&fs=1&color1=0x3a3a3a&color2=0x999999&border=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344">

Greg

Staff member
That's real nice, Greg...I didn't know you were putting AZ videos out on YouTube.

Thanks. Couple more.

Ski Sundown, CT: 12/10/06 (night)

Hunter Mountain, NY: 12/8/2006

Mount Snow, Vermont: 11/25/2006

Ths Snow one is a little lame as there are a bunch of stills in there. I have higher res versions of my vids here:

http://www.gregblasko.com/skivids/