• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

At least there's some snow in Norway..(video)

Gustav Brandbyge

So, this is a new edit. We hope you enjoy! Feedback would be appreciated. Happy New Year by the way :daffy:

Made by: Oskar Brandbyge and Gustav Brandbyge
Music: "ANANA - Blå Ull" and "The Fjords - Holy Water"
Riders: Teodor Wedum, Anders Staum, Eirik Børresen, Isaac Manning

twinplanx

Cool. How big are the mountains in Norway, and what's up with that hatchet/torch man cutting on that hillside?

Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

Gustav Brandbyge

Cool. How big are the mountains in Norway, and what's up with that hatchet/torch man cutting on that hillside?

Thanks! Some of the mountains are really big, and some are smaller, but they're still fantastic. Hafjell Ski Resort(the location in this video) isn't one of those large mountain ski resorts, but it's still a quite big resort, and it contains slopes for any skier at any level(and it's one of the most popular ski resorts in Norway). If you want to check out some big mountain ranges in Norway, search for "Sunnmørsalpene" and "Sognefjorden" on Google. It will give you an idea of how the bigger mountains looks like. And that "hatchet/torch man" you're talking about is "Fakkelmannen"(briefly translated "The Torch-man"). It was cut out on the opposite hillside of Hafjell during the Winter Olympis on Lillehammer in 94'. It's was the trademark for the Olympics, and has also become the "trademark" for Hafjell Ski Resort.

I hope my answer helped you!

twinplanx

Very cool. Thank you for your response. At first glance I thought he was holding a hatchet, but a torch seemed more appropriate. I will be able to look up the areas you mentioned later. Thanks again for posting!

Last edited:

twinplanx

Very cool. Thank you for your response. At first glance I thought fakkelmannen was holding a hatchet, but a torch seemed more appropriate. I will be able to look up the areas you mentioned later. Thanks again for posting!