• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Let's see if this has any legs!

thetrailboss

Staff member
What did you find interesting about it? To me it seemed like a rehash of the same old story with absolutely no new perspective or information. Same for the comments.

The argument that I should not be in a position of defending where I ski to a snowboarding friend.

VTKilarney

His argument that only 3 ski areas out of 700+ ban snowboards cuts both ways.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I have a question. Why have'nt any resorts gone snowboard only?

I mean the obvious answer is that revenues would decline and it wouldn't be profitable. But you'd have to think if there area areas like Alta that decide that being skier-only is in their best interest, why haven't any resorts gone the other way and decided that boarder-only is in their best interest?

Who knows. It might be a surprise hit.

MadMadWorld

I mean the obvious answer is that revenues would decline and it wouldn't be profitable. But you'd have to think if there area areas like Alta that decide that being skier-only is in their best interest, why haven't any resorts gone the other way and decided that boarder-only is in their best interest?

I may be flamed but I'm guessing there just isn't enough interest. Some mountain cater more to snowboarders (Snow and Stratton come to mind). In general, I don't think snowboarders attracted the school vacation crowds and all the added stuff that comes with it. I'd like to see it though. I think it's good for the sport. Just don't take away my favorite mountain or else I might have to go back to knuckle dragging!

Tin

Declining interest in snowboarding in the past few years? See less of them and more kids on skis in the park and around the mountain.

thetrailboss

Staff member

As said, low demand apparently. Also that demographic tends not to have much in the way of disposable income.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Bump. Saw a guy at Oktoberfest today at Snowbird wearing a Wasatch Equality T-shirt. He was bragging to his friends how he likes to photo bomb people's videos as they are skiing and be a dick to piss them off. Sounds like just the kind of guy I am not going to miss this winter at Alta.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

^To be fair, if there were snowboard-only mountains out there, this guy would exist in a skier version.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk