• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Meathead/STE - Maine Back Country Skiing

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
The thing I'm wondering about is the top sheet of his skis. Is it just an adhesive sticker or a full on custom ski?

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
I doubt they have tons of cash as much they know people. Of course Ben Leone IS a lawyer and may have that kind of cash. Then again he may know people.

aveski2000

I wonder where they skied? The water tower is on Rt 113 heading towards Fryeburg. I'm not sure of the landmarks after that. Any ideas?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I wonder where they skied? The water tower is on Rt 113 heading towards Fryeburg. I'm not sure of the landmarks after that. Any ideas?
I believe there was artistic license here and that the roads do not reflect their travels. I froze-frame my way through it and it was clear at 1:09 and 1:14, a sign indicating Route 112 was present. There was also a rotary at 1:10. Maine 113 is from Biddeford to Gorham MAINE. In NH, Rte 112 is the Kangamangus and then westward, the wrong direction. They also have the sun ahead and the sun behind them on various frames. The truck they followed had three words, "????? ????? Fuel" I think it's random footage spliced together.

snoseek

I'm pretty sure that's Burnt mountain in Brownfield off of route 160.

bigbog

Nice get billski...so much off-resort territory up here. Liberty's Helix..was thinking about grabbing it for this season but other things jabbed into the priority list...and ended up with a steal with the overkill Legend PR 115s...mainly to try in crud. Not my personal choice but will get me out once I pick up some bindings. Some areas close to Katahdin are usually deep but get wind-blasted=hard-edged...the PR 115s have little sidecut to get hooky so I was guessing might have a use in those conditions....

Could very well be snowseek... Was going to say along #201 towards Jackman....so many mountains look alike from a distance. Trees footage can be duplicated on so many mountains...small-to-moderate.
Lots of stuff northward from the Mahoosics(SR area) and SL/Bigelows....to the border @Jackman. Many other areas as well...but that snow just drives one crazy looking at it. Owning/renting the snowmobile can get you anywhere...a threesome is fun, rotate shuttle driver...two boot up to summit to ski...

Last edited:

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Deer Pond Fuel on the truck. Ben also mentions the Gazetteer ( which is kept out of focus) showed a hike trail. I doubt any of that helps.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Variety? Park or backcountry seems the same to me. The Traveling Circus has always been park and urban. I do like the "Working for the Weekend" series so far.