• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

iPhone app crashing

gmcunni

App crashing any time I try to open a thread. Opening news works fine. Just started today. Switched to tapatalk and that works fine.

Anyone else having issues?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cornhead

It kept crashing my Droid too, switched to Tapatalk, much better.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Edd

It's crashing frequently on both my iPhone and iPad. Just started yesterday.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hmm.

I pushed an update yesterday but it sounds like it might be causing issues. Let me review ASAP. Sorry about that guys.

I actually made 2 updates yesterday, server side and app side. my guess is the server side change mucked thigs up since I don't think the revised app is even in the app store yet.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey all, I uninstalled and reinstalled the plugin. Let me know if this is any better? I haven't had any crashes on my Android.

ScottySkis

Hmm.

I pushed an update yesterday but it sounds like it might be causing issues. Let me review ASAP. Sorry about that guys.

I actually made 2 updates yesterday, server side and app side. my guess is the server side change mucked thigs up since I don't think the revised app is even in the app store yet.

Well since yesterday on Tap talk when reading a a quote I cant see the person who being quoted name. Also 1 name never shows up even non queues I don't know why .

mriceyman

Crashing still nick.. Just deleted from my iphone and reinstalled.

bvibert

Staff member
I just got the app update on Android, and it seems to be working fine.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Hey guys,

Just an update on this.

There are two components to this app. There is a server side plugin that runs, and the app itself.

Last week when you guys started getting the crashing, I had updated the server side plugin to version 4.9. This caused an issue with the app version you are running (3.1) specifically.

I put a new version of the app on the app store (3.3) that fixes this. Unfortunately, 3.3 has not yet been approved by Apple. This can take a few days, and I put it out there on Friday, so I'm hoping they update this ASAP for me so you guys can download the newer version. That should fix it.

dmw

Fixed.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app