NY'ers take on Maine

AlpineZone

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

NY'ers take on Maine

Starting a new thread for all of us Maine newbies who've never skied there before. Any tips, cool places to hang out, best place to Aprés?

Headed to the AZ Summit at the Loaf in 2 weeks!

We have conquered Maine Summers now to take over Maine Winters!

Items for Sale
    At Sugarloaf: the Bag and Kettle. Get the Bag Burger.
    Live, Ski, or Die!

Representing NYS here, third AZ Summit, first official. If we get snow like last year, you WILL be impressed. Now where is that car-o-the future that'll make the 9hr drive while I sleep?

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2
    Leave no turn unstoned!

So what exactly is going to happen when I get up to Maine? Do you NY'ers disappear like the Bermuda Triangle?

Less then 90 minutes to Catskills and 5 miles from the great Sams point
    Quote Originally Posted by Cornhead View Post
    Representing NYS here, third AZ Summit, first official. If we get snow like last year, you WILL be impressed. Now where is that car-o-the future that'll make the 9hr drive while I sleep?

We need Google car to self drive it self.

Do you ski and then drive home on Sunday? How brutal is that? I'm nervous....

Also, if there are other NY'ers going up for the Summit weekend and have extra room in their car, let me know!

Quote Originally Posted by Mindiggity View Post
    @Cornhead- Do you ski and then drive home on Sunday? How brutal is that? I'm nervous....
    Ha, Scotty thinks that's happening, silly boy. I am a little nuts. I left the house at midnight to arrive at Saddleback at opening. I picked up a liter of Mountain Dew to get me through the day. I went to toss it into the woods at the top of the hill, it bounced back and settled on the edge of the trail. I didn't think anyone would bother it. My next ride up the chair the Dew was gone! NOOOOOOO! Ski Patrol probably thought it was trash, it was full. Somehow I made it through the day, I was glad I didn't drown in the hot tub that night.

Another time I was at Sugarloaf in the Spring when it dawned on me if I skied til close, I'd be arriving home at 3 AM, that doesn't include the nap, or two, along the way. I stopped halfway down a trail and called work.

CORNHEAD: I have to take a day off next week for work-share, right?

BOSS: Yeah

CORNHEAD: How about tomorrow?

BOSS: Why, where are you?

CORNHEAD: Maine

BOSS: Are you hiking?

CORNHEAD: No, I'm skiing.

BOSS: Skiing!? (April 29th), They still have snow?

CORNHEAD: Hell yeah they've got snow! They've got snow on the BACK SIDE of the mountain!

It was an awesome Spring in Maine that year, the back side of da Loaf was open on April 29th. I skied Tucks on Memorial Day Weekend that year.

If you can't be off from work that Monday, it will be a loooong day, just plan on pulling over and catching a few z's if you get drowsy. Mountain Dew is good, the preferred drink of 3rd shifters. Where in NY will you start your journey?

Leave no turn unstoned!

Why won't anyone answer my question?

Thread Information