• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will Sochi Olympics be a disaster?

Dubld

A lot of sponsors are pulling trips and athletes telling there families not to go

McCutie36

Security is certainly a concern, but if I was someone that had trained forever to finally make it, I don't think I would hesitate to go.

Bene288

That's more or less a rumor. And the 2nd biggest Russian name voided his contract anyway!

Kovalchuk is a bum!

But mark my words, NHL players will not be going to South Korea. It was a debate last Olympics, but it was Canada. It came down to national pride and native players. Russia is similar, lots of Russian players on almost every team in the league. There are no born Korean players. The big names used their talent and following as leverage this time around, they won't be able to next time. Unless the next Bobby Orr is from Seoul. Scratch that, there will never be a next Bobby Orr

Enough about hockey, I am hoping for the safety of everyone involved. The IOC is corrupt and need to be reformed.

dlague

Now there a whole tado about the safety of the slope style course.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

BenedictGomez

Advance reporters continue to tweet about horrid hotel conditions.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs...-their-hilarious-and-gross-hotel-experiences/

Uncovered manholes are always a concern.

BfZCydkCQAAp0zl.jpg