• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Will Sochi Olympics be a disaster?

soposkier

Have you actually watched one of these Olympic games. Sure they are all star rosters but they are actually trying (unlike a typical all star game), and playing Defense. Incredible hockey being played.

Completely agreed, players genuinely want to play for their country. The level of play is amazing and great to watch. Lets just hope the russian team doesn't end up "lost" in Siberia after that game today. Putin must not be happy.

Twism86

Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I think the hockey is cleaner than the NHL and is being played very well. Another miracle on ice? Give me a break!! TJ is good though but no miracle worker.

As for the other sports I just focus on the competition and tune out or fast forward after they cross the finish line. I do like to hear the stories of the "less fortunate" athletes and parents who devoted lots of time and hard work to get there. They have my support more than the others.

If you dont like all the hype, over the top interviews, humanitarian stuff, etc. just tune out! No one is forcing you to watch that part or pay attention.

gmcunni

For the love of God, pull up your pants!

81922681-590x395.jpg

soposkier

I wouldnt consider that a miracle, finland is a very good team. Tuukka stood on his head.

The womens gold medal game was also a great game, the olympic tournament has been awesome.

BenedictGomez

I wouldnt consider that a miracle, finland is a very good team. Tuukka stood on his head.

It's not a miracle at all. I thought there was a good chance Finland would win. I put it at maybe 40% odds. And the Russian coach not starting Bob was simply moronic.

The womens gold medal game was also a great game
, the olympic tournament has been awesome.

USA got horse****ed by the refs at the worst possible time. THAT, and almost unbelievable hockey luck and bounces doomed USA.

jack97

Yeah, your right, Tuukka has been playing well. but if the team didn't have him, it would have been a different story. I get to seem on a weekly basis, the guy is amazing but fatigues after a long stretch.

jack97

tuuka is out. been times when the ice looks tilted on the fin's side. now it's about whether the rest of the team can carry the load.

jack97

interesting pic of shaun white, no thought a board can flex so much.

whiteweb12s-2-web.jpg