• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Stowe announces new Adventure Center, ice skating, underground parking

steamboat1

I dont remember that lodge being there. Do I have early-onset Alzheimers, or is that somewhat new?
The original Midway Lodge was built in 1968 when they put in the first gondola (see last photo).

attachment.php

Attachments

• st28.jpg
    st28.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 181

BenedictGomez

The original Midway Lodge was built in 1968 when they put in the first gondola (see last photo).

I think it was the picture that threw me off.

I just went to GOOG maps and noticed the Over Easy Gondala station which didnt exist since I was last there. Makes me sad that the building I worked in was torn down too, I wouldnt even recognize Spruce anymore.

steamboat1

I think it was the picture that threw me off.

I just went to GOOG maps and noticed the Over Easy Gondala station which didnt exist since I was last there. Makes me sad that the building I worked in was torn down too, I wouldnt even recognize Spruce anymore.
No you wouldn't recognize it anymore. It really is beautiful. You should stop by & take a look.

jimmywilson69

I feel out of place when I am on the spruce side in the lodge

I don't understand comments like this...

I go in there have a beer at the hour glass lounge or have lunch in the "cafeteria" and do my thing. Sure I'm not staying over there but I'm not bothered by it either. I'm skiing and spending money just like the "others"

That being said the Mansfield Lodge is more "like me" and I love having a post skiing beer there while some enjoyable live music is being played in the corner by the REAL fireplace!

BenedictGomez

^ I dont even think they had beer at Spruce Peak back in the day. Maybe they did and I just dont remember because it was "unavailable" to me anyway. Awesome waffle fries though.

steamboat1

[h=2]Stowe Mountain Resort to Debut Adventure ZipTour® on Vermont’s Tallest Mountain[/h]STOWE, VT – This Spring 2015, Stowe Mountain Resort will open a three-span Adventure ZipTour® on Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak. The ZipTour® is the most technologically advanced zip line attraction available in the world today, and is unique from any other zip line experience by giving riders the ability to control their own speed with a patented trolley system.
The Experience
Stowe’s ZipTour® begins with a training session and demo zip at the base of the mountain. Guests can then ride the summit Gondola to an elevation of 3,625’ feet. Once atop, the ZipTour® consists of three zip line spans, each with two cables side-by-side, totaling 10,193’ feet of riding cable (just under two miles in length), making it the 2nd longest zip line tour in the United States. The first span of the tour will be the 2nd longest zip line in the contiguous USA.

“It is so fun to be able to control your speed while zipping,” says Sarah Cylvick, VP of ZipTour®, “You can race the person you are riding next to, slow down to take in the view, then speed up again at will,” Mrs. Cylvick adds.

Span 1: Span 2: Span 3:
Length: 4,462 feet Length: 3,484 feet Length: 3,484 feet

steamboat1

[h=2]Stowe Mountain Resort Completes Three-Year $9.8 Million Dollar Snowmaking Expansion[/h]Stowe Mountain Resort’s state-of-the-art snowmaking operations have been supplemented by a three-year $9.8 million dollar snowmaking expansion, that completes prior to the ‘14-’15 ski and ride season.

Totals for the 3 year project include; over 100,000 feet of new snowmaking pipe (almost 20 miles), 615 HKD SV10 tower guns, 150 Ratnik Baby X-2 land frames, 20 SMI Super PoleCat snow fan towers, 8 HKD Turbo snow fan towers and a new 3,000 gallon-per-minute booster pump house on Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak.

In addition to supplementing its already superlative snowmaking, the improvements allow Stowe to operate with greater energy efficiency. The new snowmaking increases potential for more early-season terrain, enhances overall snow quality.

BenedictGomez

Stowe Mountain Resort to Debut Adventure ZipTour® on Vermont’s Tallest Mountain

STOWE, VT – This Spring 2015, Stowe Mountain Resort will open a three-span Adventure ZipTour® on Mount Mansfield, Vermont’s highest peak. The ZipTour® is the most technologically advanced zip line attraction available in the world today, and is unique from any other zip line experience by giving riders the ability to control their own speed with a patented trolley system.
The Experience
Stowe’s ZipTour® begins with a training session and demo zip at the base of the mountain. Guests can then ride the summit Gondola to an elevation of 3,625’ feet. Once atop, the ZipTour® consists of three zip line spans, each with two cables side-by-side, totaling 10,193’ feet of riding cable (just under two miles in length), making it the 2nd longest zip line tour in the United States. The first span of the tour will be the 2nd longest zip line in the contiguous USA.

“It is so fun to be able to control your speed while zipping,” says Sarah Cylvick, VP of ZipTour®, “You can race the person you are riding next to, slow down to take in the view, then speed up again at will,” Mrs. Cylvick adds.

Span 1: Span 2: Span 3:
Length: 4,462 feet Length: 3,484 feet Length: 3,484 feet

My gf LOVES ropes courses and zip lines, so I better hide this info from her because I bet this costs north of 100 clams!

mbedle

Not sure they best place to post but Stowe just stated they are open top to bottom on Saturday for pass holders.

steamboat1

Not sure they best place to post but Stowe just stated they are open top to bottom on Saturday for pass holders.
Season Pass Holder Appreciation Day This Saturday!

We love our Season Pass Holders, that’s why we are opening this Saturday just for you. On Saturday, November 15, the FourRunner Quad will be open from 9am to 4pm for Seasons Pass Holders only (all Stowe Passes, including StoweFive passes will be valid). As always, the terrain will be top-to-bottom for over 2,000 vertical feet of skiing & riding. After Saturday's event, Stowe’s daily winter operations will begin for the 2014-2015 season on November 22.

Our snowmaking operations began for the season on November 1st, and our Mountain Operations team has been making snow at every opportunity available. The forecast calls for cold temperatures to return this evening (and remain for the foreseeable future), so our snowmakers will be firing up the snow guns tonight. They will focus their efforts over the next 48 hours on the following trails, which we anticipate opening on Saturday for the Seasons Pass Appreciation event: Upper Lord, Ridgeview, Lower Ridgeview, Lord, North Slope, and Lower North Slope. This terrain will be groomed for Saturday, though snowmaking may be in progress on North Slope & Lower North Slope. Secondary routes that may also see snowmaking but are not anticipated to be open on Saturday, include Centerline, Upper Hayride, Sunrise & Standard. We look forward to seeing all our Pass Holders on the slopes!