• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Face masks for use with helmet?

JHG

Why so many masks in such a short period of time. Different colors for different mountains, or have you been unhappy with your purchases?

bluebird

I've always found it best to have separate mask, balaclava and neck warmer. Just the neck warmer or balaclava when its warmer, but the three together can get me well into the negative numbers.

〽❄❅

Why so many masks in such a short period of time. Different colors for different mountains, or have you been unhappy with your purchases?
Yes, when trying them i was unhappy with the clammy, wet, and uncomfortable inside against my face. A few of the other mask people here mentioned either have a thick trim which interferes with goggles, or a bad contour that tugs on my nose.

SLOWSNO

it looks like its going to be chilly enough up at the az summit this weekend to try lots of options!

skifree

i only use a balaclava. too much gear gets in the way