• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Week of February 2nd, storm speculation

twinplanx

Marine ecology. We have a long-term monitoring program in Mass Bay and go out year round. February is always the toughest.

Well I ain't getting rich doing science.

Cool. I know ice has been a problem in NY Harbor this season. Have to imagine it's only worse in your neck of the woods?

I admire your work Cannonball and the DEC backlash bumper sticker always bothers me...
Sent from my SCH-S735C using Tapatalk

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
the models are hardly infallible.

I don't know anything much about meteorology, but I wonder if the media forecasters are getting too wrapped around the models and not "getting outdoors" enough. There is also a propensity to over-analyze things. Having said all that, the snow season is too short for us not to keep our skis at the ready and hope for the best.

21_SnowflakeSet2TWC_650x366.jpg

ScottySkis

That's, ^ not cool Scotty. I am legitimately interested in what Cannonball is doing offshore this time of year. My guess is Cod fishing. So much weed is grown in closets & basements I hardly think there's a need for the Smugglers Blues. Besides it would be really difficult to pull of a mission of this type this time of year without the recreational boating traffic.

I sorry for anyone who took that the wrong way. If he did I wouldn't post that and I probably be at Cannon a lot.

twinplanx

I sorry for anyone who took that the wrong way. If he did I wouldn't post that and I probably be at Cannon a lot.

Not a big deal Scotty. I just think you should probably keep that stuff in that other thread your so fond of... lol

catsup948

Storm for Wednesday packs a nice front end thump per the GFS. Combined with tonight's snow maybe sugarloaf can open some of Brackett for us next weekend.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

wa-loaf

Storm for Wednesday packs a nice front end thump per the GFS. Combined with tonight's snow maybe sugarloaf can open some of Brackett for us next weekend.

Starting to hear mention of a storm next Sat too ....

catsup948

Storm on Saturday night/Sunday is far away but it is on several models. Not going to lie I've checked into the availability of a bed at the Stratton Motel Sunday night if I can't make the drive home! :)

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Storm on Saturday night/Sunday is far away but it is on several models. Not going to lie I've checked into the availability of a bed at the Stratton Motel Sunday night if I can't make the drive home! :)

Beat you to the punch. I'm convinced I won't be able to get home! Pre-stage planning in process.

BenedictGomez

the snow season is too short for us not to keep our skis at the ready and hope for the best.

Amen.

Given that ~15% of your posts involve marijuana, I didnt take it the wrong way.

Coming down nicely now in northern VT. If this keeps up the whole night, it'll definitely over perform.

Let us know the total, I'd like to know how good/bad my guesstimate was.

abc

What the flippedy-freak?!!?!!??

Now the Canadian has most of NJ getting something like 4" or 5" on Monday due to colder temps and a slightly better track (not that I'm complaining!).
Is that for real?

I just noticed wunderground.com must have used the Canadian model! Because it's now showing those 4/5" snow for Monday from mid-day on.

Wavewheeler

Yeah another USELESS southern storm. This is getting old. :(

TWC, Accuweather and NOAA are all predicting at least a few inches on Monday so it has to be more than the Canadian model predicting this.