• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

February look ahead

catsup948

I'll wait and see on the blow torch. 40s and rain down on the coastal plain is 30 and dumping snow in ski country.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

I'll wait and see on the blow torch. 40s and rain down on the coastal plain is 30 and dumping snow in ski country.

Other thing is, temps have been coming in slightly colder than modeled all winter, so there's that too.

catsup948

Yikes, EURO decides to throw salt in the wound with a cutter soon after our (possible) snowstorm. Then the furnace turns on.

4aprice

Yikes, EURO decides to throw salt in the wound with a cutter soon after our (possible) snowstorm. Then the furnace turns on.

Euro's had a pretty tough year. Could it happen? Sure, but JB said in his Saturday summary that he believes its a 5-10 day thing at the most and there's plenty of cold air nearby just waiting to be drawn down into the US. Still think we will have a good spring.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

sf77

That guy from AccuWeather was totally correct. We have been getting at least one snowstorm EVERY week so far in February and it seems like this is going to continue. The jet stream is lined up perfectly now so that everything comes to us!! We had a foot of snow throughout most of the northeast mid last week and another big nor'easter is coming the middle of this week.
All of this great snow makes for some excellent skiing! :snow:

catsup948

That guy from AccuWeather was totally correct. We have been getting at least one snowstorm EVERY week so far in February and it seems like this is going to continue. The jet stream is lined up perfectly now so that everything comes to us!! We had a foot of snow throughout most of the northeast mid last week and another big nor'easter is coming the middle of this week.
All of this great snow makes for some excellent skiing! :snow:

If tuesdays storm can produce something then it could be three weeks in a row with a storm. Last week of the month has some signals as well.

BenedictGomez

If tuesdays storm can produce something then it could be three weeks in a row with a storm. Last week of the month has some signals as well.

More importantly, the blowtorch that was signaled looks more like it will be a candle. Might result in an annoying refreeze, but no big deal.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
More importantly, the blowtorch that was signaled looks more like it will be a candle. Might result in an annoying refreeze, but no big deal.

Just one 45* day and wet stuff Friday followed 20s, sharpen the edges.
I'm happy the warm up won't be to bad and we won't lose much snow but the refreeze has me pissed. I'm sick of frozen groomers! It would be nice if these latest conditions could have lasted more then a week considering the cold we have had in place for so long.

Tin

It's a core shot, edge blowing kind of year in the woods. Even after this 16-20" storm I was still hearing noises under my skis this weekend in untouched stuff. I don't mind a freeze from this heavy wet stuff as long as it gets some more to make a base in the woods. Pretty sad it is President's Day and we are talking about making a base.

BenedictGomez

Still looks good post this brief warm-up.

1782550_198995460311099_1162695824_o.png

images

lerops

I think the question will be whether they will continue to make snow to make up for the damage, or whether they will just mostly be done for the year given that the masses are done skiing.