• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing with a Drone

bobbutts

Thanks. I may try that out. Reviews say that this one is pretty easy to fly. But I agree, practice is going to be essential. Especially since most of our flying will be over water.
Yeah, I haven't flown the dji, but I have been flying some other quads. The DJI has loads of helpful features like the one where movement is relative to your position so down on the stick is always towards you, which will probably be really helpful for getting started. Return to home should let you fly like a maniac and just press the button when you're done.
I'd be most concerned about the first few flights esp if you haven't done rc much. Just figuring out how to get it in the correct mode, arming the motors, taking off and landing will probably be a challenge the first time.
The one lame thing about the nano quad I linked is the tiny controller, it is for a hobbit and it will probably limit the usefulness of the thing. I am using a large control from the hubsan x4 for mine.

Harvey

Website
nyskiblog.com
Got an email from Latvia:

Hello.

We are the biggest agency in Baltic's who work in a field - Digital Marketing. We have a product and want to pay You a commission if You promote it. Its new of a kind GoPRo accessory - auto follow Drone.

What we are interested in - to cooperate with you, more with "affiliate" or partner marketing.
Let us know if You are interested

Thank you. Will wait for Your answer.

So I set off down the mountain with my drone on auto follow and start skiing down a lift line...

fbrissette

Got an email from Latvia:

Hello.

We are the biggest agency in Baltic's who work in a field - Digital Marketing. We have a product and want to pay You a commission if You promote it. Its new of a kind GoPRo accessory - auto follow Drone.

What we are interested in - to cooperate with you, more with "affiliate" or partner marketing.
Let us know if You are interested

Thank you. Will wait for Your answer.

So I set off down the mountain with my drone on auto follow and start skiing down a lift line...

The pocket drone, one of the most successful kickstarter project has a 'follow-me' mode.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/airdroids/the-pocket-drone-your-personal-flying-robot

fbrissette

fbrissette

Has any resort banned "skiing with a drone" yet?

If not, I'd have to imagine that's coming real soon.

You're probably right although I would argue that drones are less dangerous than a lot of intermediate skiers.

Drones would be a legitimate reason to wear a helmet.

skiNEwhere

You're probably right although I would argue that drones are less dangerous than a lot of intermediate skiers.

Until the drone gets hung up on a HSQ grip causing it not to detach from the haul rope in the terminal.

Domeskier

I believe Sundown plans to have a few drones strafing Satan's Staircase this winter.

skiNEwhere

I prefer skiing with a drone, in case things get out of hand on a pow day

attachment.php

Attachments

• Drone.jpg
    Drone.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 216