• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Skiing with a Drone

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Sort of covered in the other thread about a resort but thought this video deserved its own thread.

Very cool! It's a compilation but there are some really cool ski shots in here.

bvibert

Staff member
Can't view the video on the mobile app... :(

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Huck_It_Baby

I've been researching and pricing out some drones for myself and have learned it is illegal to use a drone with a camera for commercial purposes! There are some loop holes but it's a dampener for me for sure as I want to use them commercially.

Capturing skiing is so perfect for drones/quadcopters!

JDMRoma

Cool vid, I can see it now....drones following everyone at the ski resorts....all crashing into each other !
Should be fun !

fbrissette

I've been researching and pricing out some drones for myself and have learned it is illegal to use a drone with a camera for commercial purposes! There are some loop holes but it's a dampener for me for sure as I want to use them commercially.

Capturing skiing is so perfect for drones/quadcopters!

So what would be your pick for a reasonably priced model able to transport a POV cam ?

fbrissette

Huck_It_Baby

No, I haven't. I'll check it out thanks.

So what would be your pick for a reasonably priced model able to transport a POV cam ?

Currently I like what DJI has to offer. More stable than competitors, can go higher, has GPS (useful for hovering and using waypoints) and you can tweak it out with add-ons.

http://www.dji.com/

wa-loaf

I don't know if they were filming, but the drone was flying around at Wachusett tonight. Have to see if they post a video up.

SIKSKIER

B&H has dropped their everyday price to same $399.For those that dont have a gopro,they also dropped the price of the same heli with a 720 cam to $499.Glad I haven't pulled the trigger yet.