• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Feb 7 -9 Snow Forecasting (or) AlpineZone Summit Powder?

Wavewheeler

If it rains here at the beach and snows up north that would be awesome, though I'd like to see the snow line continue south into the Catskills! :snow:

margarete32183

Looking forward to some powder! So far my method of chasing powder has led me to warm smelting days or an ice storm at Jay Peak!

wa-loaf

I feel talking about this so early is going to jinx it. We should embargo any talk about snow next week ...

Bostonian

I am going to work on my lawn mower on Sunday afternoon and prep it for spring. In fact, I will break out all the spring and summer stuff since I know it isn't going to snow next week. (see what I did there :) )...

Wavewheeler

I will wash my Jeep. It's sure to snow if I do that. Guaranteed. But of course we've been getting it here. Maybe I need to head north again and wash it.

WJenness

I am going to work on my lawn mower on Sunday afternoon and prep it for spring. In fact, I will break out all the spring and summer stuff since I know it isn't going to snow next week. (see what I did there :) )...

Put the lawn furniture out.

catsup948

Love my wunderground app. It's telling me sugarloaf is getting between 7-12 for Wednesdays storm! It hasn't really been all winter though. Ha!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

BenedictGomez

Still a week out, but the storm is still there, and both the GFS and Canuck are coming in colder.

For instance, for NJ now, instead of being about 80% rain and 20% snow, it's 100% snow, would be at least 10" if verified, maybe 7" or 9" for Catskills. Canadian coming in colder and 100% snow now too. Still in the "meaningless" realm given how far away it is, but the trend is promising. We'd be in the jackpot zone if these models verify.

ALLSKIING

Staff member
Still a week out, but the storm is still there, and both the GFS and Canuck are coming in colder.

For instance, for NJ now, instead of being about 80% rain and 20% snow, it's 100% snow, would be at least 10" if verified, maybe 7" or 9" for Catskills. Canadian coming in colder and 100% snow now too. Still in the "meaningless" realm given how far away it is, but the trend is promising. We'd be in the jackpot zone if these models verify.
"We'd be in the jackpot zone" Meaning all of the east coast?