• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weeks-Terrace-Cabot-Bulge-Horn Loop 1/13&14

MarcHowes

Website
www.hoosactunnel.net
Date(s) Hiked: 1/13, 1/14

Trails(s) Hiked: York Pond, (oh my god they..) Kilkenny, Cabot, Horn Spur, Unknown Pond.

Total Distance: 20 Miles

Difficulty: Very Hard

Conditions: Day 1 – Foggy 32 deg +/- 5. Day 2 Snowing sometimes heavy 10 degrees up to 20 at the base

Special Required Equipment: 0deg Fahrenheit grade sleeping/camping gear. Stabilicers,

Trip Report:

This was a two day pan handle type loop which included the following interesting peaks: N,M,S Weeks, Terrace, Cabot, Bulge, Horn. Met some interesting people along the way, snagged some pretty nice progressive sunset shots from the Cabot Cabin too! The cabin had 7 Cape Codders staying for the night – lucky me cause the capacity was 8! Good thing they were there though. I would have been bored out of my mind! I added 4 peaks to my NE100 list with this trip so it was a rousing success :)

I also got to see a pretty nice array of mountain weather, especially on day 2.

Check out the pics (no great views except the sunset shots I’m afraid) and the more detailed report here: http://www.hoosactunnel.net/nonhoosac/NH/Kilkenny070113/

P1130140_t.jpg

Mike P.

Sounds like you had a great trip, Terrace & the Weeks are on my to do list but in warmer weather.

Last edited: