• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

lstone84

not from nh, who cares how much I post..thought this would be a good thread but its just people with no knowledge grabbing maps and re posting them and misleading people...omg im so cool i can copy and paste a map and pretend i know the weather

lstone84

i will not deny.....i didn't see the title of the thread

that is actually hilarious. still people in here are clearly relying on some of these posts like they're from mets which is dumb

BenedictGomez

it is a ski forum, weather knowledge is optional... heck, skiing knowledge is optional too

True. I couldnt teach someone how to ski, my private lessons would be like Booger from Better Off Dead.

Some have been more accurate than the NWS this year.

To be fair, that hasnt been terribly difficult. Poor bastards have had a rough winter.

lstone84

yes i'm lying about not knowing the thread title..great tactical move...benedictgomez weatherman where o where will the snow be almighty master of meteorology. Maybe if you post just a few more maps everyone will think you are soooo smart.

the thread was linked on facebook...get past the 'only thread he's ever posted in' already...

deadheadskier

Staff member
chill lstone84

it's just building stoke. benedict isn't the only one who posts models; though he does seem to have the greatest weather speculation fetish lately :lol:

in all seriousness though, people have been posting these for as long as the forum has been around. really no need to flame it

lstone84

it looks like some people are relying on his maps and treating them as more than pure speculation. If that's not true then my bad. Like I said, I didn't see the title, speculating is fine, fun, i do it...really didn't see the title

BenedictGomez

This forum should have an "ignore" button like most forums have for the trolls. Granted it's not needed here that often but it's a nice feature build.

lstone84

ahh he's from New Jersey...can't believe I didn't realize that until now.

lstone84

i noticed people putting too much weight on non meteorologist speculation, thought I'd help them out w/ a warning. Once I saw the title of the thread was speculation, I said oops, my bad. Not that complicated. Speculate on, forget about me.

BenedictGomez

it looks like some people are relying on his maps and treating them as more than pure speculation.

Hey genius,

Most of the maps I post are in fact verbatim outputs of Global weather models, like the Euro ensemble snowfall map that got you to whining.

When they're not, when they're actually "speculative maps" based on Global weather models, which only happens once the event is quite near, I usually label them so people know what they're looking at. And many of those "speculative maps" actually are in fact done by professional meteorologists who I follow.

lstone84

it wasn't that specific map that made me comment, all of them together. I'm familiar with all the models, all the maps, i monitor them all, every run, just like you. But what you don't seem to get is that a model run is not a forecast, and that it involves more than just looking at one or many models. And it's clear that some people don't realize they're not forecasts, even if you do.

Status
Not open for further replies.