• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

gladerider

Just heard that next Wednesday storm is worth speculating. So a separate thread.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

Tin

Noticed this as well. Need something since Sunday's storm is out. I want a powder day at Magic.

BenedictGomez

I'm really getting sick of social media weather sites cherry-picking whichever is the "best" looking model and then telling people there's a storm coming to generate web hits and marketing dollars.

catsup948

I'm really getting sick of social media weather sites cherry-picking whichever is the "best" looking model and then telling people there's a storm coming to generate web hits and marketing dollars.

I'm with you. Late next week does have some strong signals. Everything is so far out though. Remember Monday was the blizzard of 2014 three days ago now it's 1-3 inches or nothing.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
look at the black line. Just go ski.

ensecm_nnn6h_st_NH_CONCORD.png

drjeff

If the number of "storm of the centuries" that appear on 7-10 day out model runs actually came to be, we'd be calling them "storm of the week" instead ;) :rolleyes: :lol:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

Wavewheeler

A storm late Wednesday night would be PERFECT. Work would be done and I'll go someplace on Thursday. Maybe Camelback or try Belleayre. :thumbup:

Yeah, Sunday looks pretty much like it fizzled out. I told all my friends who were freaking out about a week ago about THREE FEET of snow that there it was just silly to worry about that so far away. People just don't get weather... :rolleyes:

steamboat1

Holy crap guys

Just get out there & ski

Whatever it is it is

I guarantee you it'll be better than you thought it would be

Most likely going up next Tues-Fri. myself

What ever it is it is

BenedictGomez

GFS and Canadian have a mid-atlantic snowstorm, North Carolina and Virginia, etc....

Euro has the biggest snowstorm, with 12 or 13 inches NC/VA, 8 or 9 inches in southern NJ, but even 4 or 5 inches all the up to Canada.

Thus, the map and model you're going to hear talked about all weekend,............. is......... the Euro. lol

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Holy crap guys

Just get out there & ski

Whatever it is it is

I guarantee you it'll be better than you thought it would be

Most likely going up next Tues-Fri. myself

What ever it is it is

Nothing wrong with looking forward. While I often over-analyze, I don't think I'm alone in saying that with a limited budget of money, vacation time and weekend availability, I try to make every day worth going. Doesn't negate your comment about good conditions - As I've said before, as long as the temps allow, this snow is going to be amazingly good.
Besides, sitting in the office wishing I could be outside lends itself to wishful thinking and whining. Look back at the years, there's always been a lot of both, coupled with some amazing TRs.

4aprice

GFS and Canadian have a mid-atlantic snowstorm, North Carolina and Virginia, etc....

Euro has the biggest snowstorm, with 12 or 13 inches NC/VA, 8 or 9 inches in southern NJ, but even 4 or 5 inches all the up to Canada.

Thus, the map and model you're going to hear talked about all weekend,............. is......... the Euro. lol

Looked to me as if its 2 separate systems (southern being stronger) which they thought were going to phase (thus the hype for a big storm several days back) staying separate. The big KU usually represents a pattern change (ex Superstorm 93 where it was 60-70 2 weeks later) so I'd be happier with the nickles and dimes for a while.

Alex

Lake Hopatong, NJ

BenedictGomez

Looked to me as if its 2 separate systems (southern being stronger) which they thought were going to phase (thus the hype for a big storm several days back) staying separate.

You're confusing storms. That's the Sunday (non) event. This thread is for midweek next week.

Frankly, there's really no need for any storm speculation threads outside of 5 or 6 days.

fbrissette

Frankly, there's really no need for any storm speculation threads outside of 5 or 6 days.

Well, we are 5-6 days away from mid-week next week !

On another note, some serious dumping in Northern Colorado, Wyoming and Idaho with larges swaths of 20 inches+ forecasted in the next 72 hours. We're in the wrong part of the country.

Wavewheeler

Long range has something coming up from the south on Wednesday night into Thursday. Looks like the Weather Gods are listening to my prayers. :thumbup: Hoping it stays cold and doesn't turn into rain in the mountains. :snow:

skiberg

Light snow at best right now. Models tend to agree that Two systems don't phase together. Storm does not really gain strength until fri when it's well into the Canadian maritimes.

Status
Not open for further replies.