• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

El Bishop

Not sure how to interpret that chart but it looks gnarly. I thought I read somewhere that it was expected to start later and persist into friday AM but glad to see that that doesn't seem to be the case as of now. Friday AM it is. Thanks.

Abominable

Are we more or less guaranteed snow all over or is there a chance the Cats miss out? Trying to solidify some plans but don't want to commit if the Cats will only see 6" and the Berks / S VT see 18". Thoughts?

skifree

im leaving fri am. pointing car north from ct and stopping somewhere!

lstone84

ah..im back. people making possible life and death decisions based on weather hero benedict gomez. this is perfect. make your decision of whether to drive in a possible blizzard based on a guy who has no meteorological education/experience....really good idea.

fbrissette

With a departure window opening tomorrow afternoon, when makes the most sense to leave Boston for Northern VT? Was hoping to go tomorrow afternoon but wondering if it makes more sense to wait and leave friday AM. But for a young child in the car, I would leave as early as possible and deal with slow conditions.

The lastest Tim Kelley forecast for Jay peak http://www.jaypeakresort.com/skiing-riding/the-mountain/weather-by-tim-kelley/ indicates that the heavy stuff will only hit Northern Vermont late Thursday night and lasts all day Friday. I would definitely try to sneak out Thursday.

fbrissette

ah..im back. people making possible life and death decisions based on weather hero benedict gomez. this is perfect. make your decision of whether to drive in a possible blizzard based on a guy who has no meteorological education/experience....really good idea.

Life and death decisions ???? Dude, you need perspective in your life. It you're well prepared, driving in the blizzard is not about life and death, it is simply about making it to your destination slower. In the matter of life-threatening car accidents, I would argue that it is actually safer to drive in a a snowstorm.

SnowRock

What on earth are you talking about? ..dude is posting up maps and info from various sources. We are focused on ski impact and those types of scenarios. Someone asked if they should drive thursday and it was suggested that is not a good idea. Would having met education and experience lend itself to providing different advice there? Just wondering

from_the_NEK

Website
fineartamerica.com
Not sure how to interpret that chart but it looks gnarly. I thought I read somewhere that it was expected to start later and persist into friday AM but glad to see that that doesn't seem to be the case as of now. Friday AM it is. Thanks.

According to several models I've looked through, it appears that the snow gets rolling in the early afternoon Thursday in the Boston area. If you can get out of town by noon Thursday, I think you will get ahead of the worst of it. After that, wait until maybe noontime on Friday.

j law

where are all these douches coming from?

More maps please!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.