• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

2/12 storm speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

SnowRock

If you were me... I will be able to sleep home and likely make it to Cmaleback or Mountain Creek Thursday and maybe even Friday depending upon who gets hit better and not have to do much juggling with work and life. Or do I try and grab a room up in the Cats tomorrow night so I can hit Hunter and enjoy the westside when its really good and have to juggle more work and life?? Decisions decisions

flightschool

I hope Joe Bastardi is right and GFS is going to keep shifting 20 miles west each run to come in line with the Euro. That would mean a powerful storm for almost all of ski country. He thinks it will be locked in by tomorrow AM :popcorn:

ScottySkis

I hope Joe Bastardi is right and GFS is going to keep shifting 20 miles west each run to come in line with the Euro. That would mean a powerful storm for almost all of ski country. He thinks it will be locked in by tomorrow AM :popcorn:

Catskills is the place to be with this one.

BenedictGomez

Mets Snow Guesstimates incoming!!!!

1891141_10152179469658476_761096195_n.png

BenedictGomez

The Catskills and Camelback are gonna hit the jackpot as well.

Given the extreme NW-cutoff, there's a chance the Poconos are going to get screwed badly out of the heaviest snow. I'm not saying that's going to happen, and if the western trend continues it wont, but there will be places in PA that get screwed for sure.

Note how the 12zNAM displays the sharp cutoff from BIG snow, to Decent snow, to "snow, what snow?", in just a 40 or 50 mile shift.

1274042_10152246167003352_1577755496_o.png

flightschool

Catskills is the place to be with this one.

Southern Maine and NH may do better FYI. Storm is going to intensify as it moves NE from what i've seen. Not saying that will happen, but it could. Looks like catskills will do great no matter what so if you're playing the probability strategy, go Catskills.

flightschool

Given the extreme NW-cutoff, there's a chance the Poconos are going to get screwed badly out of the heaviest snow. I'm not saying that's going to happen, and if the western trend continues it wont, but there will be places in PA that get screwed for sure.

Mixing in Pocono's or just no precipitation? Never mind. sorry! Although CMC is showing mixing into allentown PA.

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Note how the 12zNAM displays the sharp cutoff from BIG snow, to Decent snow, to "snow, what snow?", in just a 40 or 50 mile shift.

1274042_10152246167003352_1577755496_o.png

This looks like the Catskills and Pokes get screwed. Hopefully it tracks a bit more NW. I don't need the snow, but the mountains do.

Tin

Baltimore, NYC, and Philly? The Weather Channel will go Full Snowmagedon Ret... on this.

"Tens of millions in the path of deadly winter storm (Greek or Roman God name here)!"

BenedictGomez

This looks like the Catskills and Pokes get screwed. Hopefully it tracks a bit more NW. I don't need the snow, but the mountains do.

12z Euro is out and it came slightly west'ish, which is good for Poconos (obviously), so they should be fine if that track verifies. Any west movement is good for Poconos and Cats.

I think most mets are being conservative at this point, it wouldnt shock me if lots of folks end up with 15"+ out of this.

BenedictGomez

Joe Bastardi's map with timeline.

He's expecting heavier snow to penetrate deeper into ski country than most are thinking.

BgNmf6KCMAA0m4w.png:large

Status
Not open for further replies.