• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 5.0 2/7/14 - 2/9/14

ScottySkis

Look fwd to hearing about this---love SL and the set up is just about perfect for this type of wknd but would be cool to see what could be done someplace else in addition to the Loaf wknd!
My wife and I were actually discussing this on the ride home yesterday---even when SL doesn't have epic conditions it still delivers a ton of fun due to the apres, lodging, access standpoint.
Thinking of other places in New England that could work: Jay, Stratton, Killington (thinking from the perspective of park the car Friday and dont need it again until Sunday)

+1 I agree. I am glad I made to the loaf finally but far and expensive gas wise. Big east coast mountain that us for sure. Would love to do a north Vermont next time.

kykiee

First time at Sugar Loaf and Maine. I had a blast snowboarding here. Unfortunately I missed both parties. Didn't make it to the condo till 10:30pm Friday. Long ass drive from South Jersey. Definitely coming back here next year.

Tin

Stump Shot, Cant Hook, and others... The one with my GF in it had a 33* pitch and a ton of fresh snow in it.

blade glade.jpg
cant hook.jpg
E blade glade.jpg
More trees.jpgUpper Stump Shot.jpg

Tin

Swedish Fiddle Glade
Swedish Fiddle Glade.jpg

Trees in between Gondi Line and Bubblecuffer. Really dropped after this spot.

Lower Stump Shot.jpg

Misery Whip.jpg

Tin

Was great skiing with Savemeasammy for most the of two days and meeting Puck It, Cornhead, and Deadhead getting us into some great trees. Can't wait for next year. What an amazing trip and ski area.

Wow, looked like a great time. I'll definitely try to come once I graduate from college in 2015 (That'll be the '16 summit lol)

Great to see that you guys had fun.

darent

janski and I would like to thank the Loaf and Ethan for another great time!! also the AZ crew who put this together .we missed you Nick, first tracks was awesome, fresh cord ,no wind. see you all next year!!

Dmiller27

From The Rack. This picture was made out of beer bottle caps

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AlpineZone mobile app

Attachments

• 1392081165080.jpg
    1392081165080.jpg
    39.1 KB · Views: 124

Savemeasammy

Was great skiing with Savemeasammy for most the of two days and meeting Puck It, Cornhead, and Deadhead getting us into some great trees. Can't wait for next year. What an amazing trip and ski area.

Likewise! It's always good to meet some new ski buddies. We will look forward to skiing with you and Erika again!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the elusive scotty in his native territory:

2014-02-08_12-05-11_89.jpg

2014-02-09_08-06-19_795.jpg

2014-02-08_11-38-47_925.jpg

ScottySkis

Scotty, did you have a good time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

Yes I did . It was cool to meet your sister and all the people on A zone well the few new ones I meet. Pulled fish sandwich for dinner and eggs and condo so cheap made relaxing lunch break spot which was awesome. Sorry you didn't make the trip. Big mountain for sure. Wish we had Google car to drive. Did Cannon on Friday which I like a lot now.

Cornhead

Scotty, did you have a good time?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using AlpineZone mobile app

To quote The Dead, "What a long strange trip it's been." I blew off work and skied Greek Wednesday, met Scotty at Platty on Thursday, dropped his car off and headed for Cannon. We had an interesting drive that night. My GPS sent me past I93 onto rt 13. We ended up looking for a place to stay in the middle of farmland. To top it off, I got snagged in a speed trap when the splitter I use to run both my GPS and radar detector at the same time lost connection. The cop was very cool, and let me slide with a warning. We ended up at, I shit you not, The Jack Daniel's Inn. There was a number on the door for after hours check in, I got voicemail. Later my GPS sent me down a cul de sac, well sort of, the road looped around on itself at the end.We decided to back track and find the highway, passing the same cop, with someone else pulled over in the exact same spot. We eventually returned to 93, Concord, and a Best Western. I was never happier to check into a motel in my life. I fell asleep propped up against pillows on the headboard. It was a Herculean effort just to get from that position to under the covers.

Cannon was awesome, we were lucky to hit Mittersill on it's first open day of the season, so much fun. The Summit was great too, thanks Deadheadskier for letting us tag along Saturday morning, and waiting for us a the chairs, much appreciated, Ripsaw was fun.

The adventure continued after we left the Loaf, I got 15 miles down rt 27 when I decided to gas up, reached for my wallet that lives in my glovebox, not there. I hadn't put it in it's home after we checked in, I put it in my pocket. At the condo, I placed it in the drawer of the nightstand, that's where I left it. A call to SL had housekeeping retrieve it for me, added an hour to our already long drive home, dumbass. The rest of the trip home was uneventful. The last 150 miles after dropping Scotty off on rt 17 were long, the road was snow covered. I arrived home at 2 AM. I had every intention of not skiing yesterday. I left home at 10 for a steam, shower, and shave, and a little streching swim, at the Y. When I was done, I decided I'd rather ski the 4" that Greek had picked up overnight, than go home and rest, so I skied the afternoon there, the circle was complete.
uploadfromtaptalk1392117281207.jpg
Scotty, in front of his beloved "Platty Pond"
uploadfromtaptalk1392117386963.jpg
Lots of snow in the trees, zero base however.
uploadfromtaptalk1392117977363.jpg
Platty had the best snow of the trip, 14" looking down Northface.
uploadfromtaptalk1392117661616.jpg
Cannon from the top of Mittersill
uploadfromtaptalk1392117729938.jpg
Some fun trees next to the bottom of Tramline.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Cornhead

uploadfromtaptalk1392118342534.jpg
Looking down Ripsaw
uploadfromtaptalk1392118391216.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392118463453.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392118494864.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1392118529603.jpg
Greek yesterday, skied like more than 4"

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2