• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 5.0 2/7/14 - 2/9/14

Cornhead

True dat, I told Scotty all the little misadventures are what makes the memories, things that frustrate you to no end, become laughable things later. I'm already looking forward to next year's AZ Summit, maybe we get the mega storm next year. So glad we got snow just before the trip, we had quite a dry spell.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ScottySkis

No kidding! Wow.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

It was very cool. I love these stories that last a life time.

I love Cannon now. Platty was awesome finally got a mid week Platty day and the Loaf extreme that for sure hopefully I go back but it real far.

Last edited:

Tin

Last weekend was still amazing. Lots of fresh snow to be had in some woods. I found one chute off the X-Cut that had about a foot and a half of snow in it. Ripsaw and Bubblecuffer would be amazing with a fresh 12"+ on them.

Mildcat

Thanks to all involved with putting this trip together. We had a blast. The early tracks are a great perk.

P.O.V clip of early tracks.

mjg

Great time at the Summit. First time to a Summit and to Sugarloaf. Liked the expansive terrain at the largest ski resort in east. Really enjoyed first tracks Sunday mornings. The mountain was ours alone to enjoy! Easy ski in and out from the slope side condo was perfect. And fun times at the Widowmaker Lodge Friday and Saturday. Thanks AlpineZone! Looking forward to next year.

xwhaler

Bump. Have started thinking of trip planning for this coming season. Possible out west long wknd + new england long wknds.
Do we know if the Summit will be the same 1st wknd in Feb this yr as it was the past 2? i.e. 2/6-8
I wont miss the Summit!

Savemeasammy

Is it possible to be later for a better shot at quality conditions? I'd really like to see the 'Loaf at it's full potential. Either way, we will be in!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Puck it

Being is the Feb is good. Any later you run into vacation of schools and loose the deals. First week of March might be good.

xwhaler

We used to have it last wknd of March, 1st in April. I sort of prefer the Feb date myself as well.