• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

AlpineZone Summit 5.0 2/7/14 - 2/9/14

Savemeasammy

Hopefully the snow gods will smile on the summit this year, whenever it is...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Farleyman

Can't wait for the ski summit, went up last year and skied Friday-Saturday, basically had the mountain to myself Friday it was great!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone

ScottySkis

Maybe their can be a mini A zone group at Cannon and or a North Vermont place like 2 years ago. I really did like the loaf and the price but so many hours in a car and gas money and travel hours to get their takes away from skiing enjoyment for ppl from far away.

dlague

Maybe their can be a mini A zone group at Cannon and or a North Vermont place like 2 years ago. I really did like the loaf and the price but so many hours in a car and gas money and travel hours to get their takes away from skiing enjoyment for ppl from far away.

I am up for Cannon or Jay Peak!

deadheadskier

Staff member
Nick see what you could get out of Cannon for a mini summit.

Maybe put together a package with the Indain Head Resort? Lodging there is pretty cheap as is, so I imagine a group rate with lift tickets could end up being pretty affordable.

Savemeasammy

Gore? I'd love to try it after all of the positive read-ups.

ScottySkis

Gore? I'd love to try it after all of the positive read-ups. Quote

Gore is great after natural snow fall. Just half as much snow as north VT. Very hard to predict good conditions for A zone summit. When snow is coming it is great trees! very drivable for NYC metro people.

ScottySkis

Sugarloaf gets much less snow, too.

Yes it does. I love Gore for trees over 2000 straight vertical and High Glades chair is really a special place. It is a ORDA mountain run bugget by NY for snow making so they probably will not be blowing as much snow as the Loaf if their is major melt down before our trip. I Ok with that It only 3 hours from my house. I just do not want others from here spending time and money thinking that they blow snow like the other resorts. Though the last few years from what read they have been blowing more snow. We probably could get some great deals at all the cabins on route 23.

wa-loaf

+1....if only to have the date known

Unfortunately I think the date changes a lot before he's able to make an announcement. I remember last year he privately told me a date to end up having it be a later weekend when it was officially announced.

bvibert

Staff member
Unfortunately I think the date changes a lot before he's able to make an announcement. I remember last year he privately told me a date to end up having it be a later weekend when it was officially announced.

Yeah, I think the date changed a few times before it was finalized last year. I know Nick has been working on it, and I'm sure he'll post the official date as soon as it is official!

conwayeast

lets-do-this.jpg

Attachments

• lets-do-this.jpg
    lets-do-this.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 59