• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

The Big One Analysis: February 13th, 2014 Storm Observations

Tin

The more inward track and wrap around from this storm looks like it could crush Vermont tomorrow morning.

skifree

So I'm really not able to drive all that far. Tomorrow is V-day and I'm planning on getting somewhere first thing in the AM.

Will Magic be worth an additional 40 minute drive compared to Berkshire East? I've never skied Berkshire and only hit Magic once so I'm not sure how to compare them.

only "HIT" magic once. lol

soposkier

yeah, that's what I"m thinking also, I'd like to hook up with someone there.

If you go let me know so we can hook up as well.

I won't stay taht long, I'll probably leave around 1-ish. It is V-day after all. I just want a few good hours of powder in the morning :)

Hm all this Berkshire East talk has me interested. In the same boat as you, although probably skiing until 2-2:30.

Tin

Hm all this Berkshire East talk has me interested. In the same boat as you, although probably skiing until 2-2:30.

This is my problem as well. Would have to be back in Providence by 4pm so only 4.5 hours of skiing for me. Wish they would open earlier than 9.

jrmagic

The snow just keeps piling up. Just about 9 inches on the ground by me. Looks like a pretty large area of dry slotting working its way up the Jersey coast.

Last edited:

Abominable

Would love to hear from some folks on the western edge of the storm / Catskills. Dumping as expected?

sf77

Around Danbury, CT (western side of state) about 6-7" on the ground and snowing harder by than ever! About 1-2" per hour now. Unfortunately, it will change over to rain here tonight.

ScottySkis

Would love to hear from some folks on the western edge of the storm / Catskills. Dumping as expected?

I live by 65 miles away from the Catskills by Mohonk hiking and we had 3 inches when I left to go to Mountain Creek snowing a lot now.

SnowRock

At Mountain Creek in Vernon NJ now snowing about 2 inches an hour hevan.:):)

I'm about 30 miles south of creek and slightly west ... Tough to get a good measure but we must be approaching a foot at this point coming down as hard as it has all morning.

jaysunn

Coming in hot here in CT Derby ghetto area, bossman made me stay home and work, no day off, sucks. My jeep is getting dumped on!! Had to park in a lot, parking restrictions in affect here.

snow-02-13-2014.jpg