• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

End of Season Sales

Tin

Looking like REI sales started. Just grabbed a pair of Line Influences for $299, they're still $400+ on EBay.

KD7000

Proctor Jones in Nashua just sent out a promo email. Their regular prices aren't awesome but the sales are usually quite good.

drjeff

My local shop I use at Mount Snow had everything (except go pro stuff) at a minimum of 20% off tonight (even the 2014/5 Atomic Bent Chetler's they just got in) with that as the starting point, they'll be at 40-50% off by March 1st

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

gmcunni

My local shop I use at Mount Snow had everything (except go pro stuff) at a minimum of 20% off tonight (even the 2014/5 Atomic Bent Chetler's they just got in) with that as the starting point, they'll be at 40-50% off by March 1st

Sent from my DROID RAZR using AlpineZone mobile app

which shop? will likely be up there weekend of 3/1.

BenedictGomez

What are you taking about? I have 3-4 good months left out here! ;)

Why do the mountains close so early out there, is it really not financially sustainable post mid-April?

Was looking into an Easter ski vacation (gf is a teacher) and that's a no-go because according to their closing dates they're done? :thumbdown:

MadMadWorld

Why do the mountains close so early out there, is it really not financially sustainable post mid-April?

Was looking into an Easter ski vacation (gf is a teacher) and that's a no-go because according to their closing dates they're done? :thumbdown:

It's not hard to see why when you look at skier traffic. It goes way down around the 3rd week in March.

4aprice

Ahh BG you ran into the same thing we did with the NJ spring break this year. Colorado is a possible option as some of the areas in the front range area remain open for a while (LL, A Basin). Still on the fence as the NNE season would appear to hold out that long this year and make the trip unnecessary.

Was told by my shop guy that my Atomic Metrons are pretty much on their last gasp so I'm in the market for new boards. The one I've demoed and loved was RTM 84, at 181 or 176. Will see what the Loft has for demo's or leftovers at the beginning of March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

drjeff

which shop? will likely be up there weekend of 3/1.

First Trax - just up 100 from the 7-11

Also, I picked up a pair of Patagonia gore-tex pants at Equipe Sport (basically across the street from the Sundance Base Lodge) on Monday and all their clothing was 30% off (although the selection wasn't nearly as plentiful as the soft goods at First Trax)

drjeff

Once soccer, baseball, softball, lacrosse, golf, etc season starts down in the flatlands, the overall customer base that is available to the ski industry as a whole DRAMATICALLY drops off :(

JohnQ

Ahh BG you ran into the same thing we did with the NJ spring break this year. Colorado is a possible option as some of the areas in the front range area remain open for a while (LL, A Basin). Still on the fence as the NNE season would appear to hold out that long this year and make the trip unnecessary.

Was told by my shop guy that my Atomic Metrons are pretty much on their last gasp so I'm in the market for new boards. The one I've demoed and loved was RTM 84, at 181 or 176. Will see what the Loft has for demo's or leftovers at the beginning of March.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

Reasonably happy with my RTM 81s but miss the rebound energy of a cambered ski. Was great in the crud after the powder got chopped up on Friday.

yeggous

Proctor Jones in Nashua just sent out a promo email. Their regular prices aren't awesome but the sales are usually quite good.

+1 for Proctor. Their regular prices are standard MAP due to rules and all, by they are usually willing to bargain and offer good special order prices. Their sales prices are hard to beat. They'll go to 50% off MSRP in March. I'll be picking up plenty of gear then.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app

snoseek

Last spring I hit the ski shop right in the Stowe base lodge closing week and everything they sold was 50 percent off the tag. I cleaned up.

gmcunni

picked up some TNF pants for $90 @ local shop's Pres weekend sale. better than any price i could find online for same ones.

Edd

I've demoed those in a 171 and 176. That's a hell of a ski. The day I tried the 176 I also tried the K2 Rictor 82 in a 177 and was impressed with that also. Picking between the two I could almost flip a coin.