• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

End of Season Sales

gmcunni

i'm sure it has been asked before (probably by me) but in general when to the local shops start their end of season sales?

Daughter is growing up :-( and she needs to graduate to adult skis next season. want to shop for something at the end of this year and have no clue about adult women's skis or sizing.

need a pair of all mountain cruisers for a 5'3" young lady. thinking something 80ish waist for all around fun. she isn't a carver.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Generally after this week. President's Week is generally the last hoorah for most skiers and riders, so interest begins to drop off. Some are putting stuff on sale now.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
Don't even say the words, "end of season". No. No. No no no.
76ca8d143d4af6612b22ffd59a035966.gif

dlague

What are you taking about? I have 3-4 good months left out here! ;)

Three at least in the Northeast!

As far as sales, I think you can wait it out into April. Do not get to eager - I have purchased all of our gear during the late spring (May) and into summer. Just about everything we buy is through Evo their customer service people will talk you through what gear to buy. Also, look for Tent Sales in April-May or August.

Domeskier

Is this for the daughter who had the gnarly crash at Sugarbush last year? If so, glad to hear she's doing well and sticking with the sport.

timm

Yeah the true deep discounts you aren't going to see until April. Even if I am looking for something specific I don't worry about finding it -- in the era of internet shopping, anything that is available today will be available then somewhere at a lower price. Most "hot" items that are going to be hard to find are already sold out for the season now so no point in rushing.

MadMadWorld

Depends on where the shop is located. Most shops away from resorts will start March 1st. Places near Killington/Sugarloaf/Sunday River might be in April.

timm

I need new boots but its hard to buy those online :(

I would never buy boots online since the fitting experience (and subsequent adjustments) are probably the most important part of any gear purchase I make related to skiing. AT boots the only exception only because most places have limited stock in limited sizes.

Twism86

Website
gardenstatetrout.com
I would never buy boots online since the fitting experience (and subsequent adjustments) are probably the most important part of any gear purchase I make related to skiing. AT boots the only exception only because most places have limited stock in limited sizes.

Exactly. I bought my first and only boots without a fitting based on what seemed good to me and what ive been told. They are comfortable and dont hurt, I can ski all day on them. However, I have to crank every buckle as tight as they go so I feel like they may be a half size or so too big. I also wants boots with more performance.

bigbog

Is this for the daughter who had the gnarly crash at Sugarbush last year? If so, glad to hear she's doing well and sticking with the sport.
+1
What is her age?
Found a query on web.."skis for teenage girls..has "improving", "performance"..etc. bringing up some skis....

http://doorstepskis.com/en/equipment/teenager-progression-skis-13-16yrs-old/

Might wanna check out shops at or near bigger mtns, mainly for ski selection...that offer demos...and go and try and see if she has any particular favorites of size, type...etc. 80mm waist is a good size, but there are some in the high 70s and mid-80s too... Ought to hop over onto Epicski once in a while for advice...quite a few really good instructors over there that can offer suggestions....fwiw. If you've been on there you know what BS can often get tossed between a few people, once in a while, talking specific terminology...but it's often a helpful site....fwiw.

Last edited:

goldsbar

Will the online shops mount bindings if you give them your boot sole length in mm's? I've bought several pairs online, but they either had system bindings or composite plates with predrilled starter holes. Basically impossible to mess up. The skis I'm considering now generally come flat without system bindings.

Or...do any shops in NJ really have ski sales? The ones by me seem to indicate some outrageous price and then put a regular price and call it a sale.

gmcunni

Will the online shops mount bindings if you give them your boot sole length in mm's? I've bought several pairs online, but they either had system bindings or composite plates with predrilled starter holes. Basically impossible to mess up. The skis I'm considering now generally come flat without system bindings.

Or...do any shops in NJ really have ski sales? The ones by me seem to indicate some outrageous price and then put a regular price and call it a sale.

in my experience some shops will mount the bindings for you based on sole length you provide BUT i think they declare them untested and it is your responsibility to have them checked for proper release by a qualified tech.

other shops i've talked to simply won't mount.