• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Lift Line Report?

Smellytele

from today's snow report -

hopefully that means running today.[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR]

RED CHAIR came on line around 10:30 today!!!! I was on the 13th chair up. Took away the crowd. Before that there was a mob seen at the black chair. 1st time on the black wasn't bad 2 minute wait next time 10 min, 3rd time the singles line was about 50 people deep. that is when we saw them putting up the ropes for the liftlines at the red and made our way over there. No more than a 1 minute wait after that...

Jersey Skier

Platty had about a solid 10 minute wait today (at the bar, to grab beer). Longest lines I've ever seen on the double, but were still less than 3 minutes. Cars parked 7/10's of a mile down the road, but the trails were still empty. Overall, the mountain was empty, but the lodge was a mess.

mlkrgr

Good thing I wasn't at Waterville today... this is probably the worst I have seen the quadzilla line and word was it was almost all beginner terrain open til noon due to winds. This is even worse than what it was when they ran $17 tickets on a Sunday last year. I'd imagine that the line extended both ways just as far.

Mtn_661.jpg

MadMadWorld

Good thing I wasn't at Waterville today... this is probably the worst I have seen the quadzilla line and word was it was almost all beginner terrain open til noon due to winds. This is even worse than what it was when they ran $17 tickets on a Sunday last year. I'd imagine that the line extended both ways just as far.

View attachment 11247

Wow...just wow.

gmcunni

anybody hear bromley crowds this weekend? might hit them next saturday and trying to gauge what it will be like based on this weekend.

gregnye

View attachment 11247

Yeah I saw that from the web cam. Loon must have been a mess too because the Gondola was on windhold. This is why waterville really needs to do the Green Peak Expansion--they desperately need lifts that service non-beginner terrain that aren't affected by wind!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Smellytele

At Magic today the Black line Tavern was having some issues. I ordered a pulled pork sandwich and after waiting 40 minutes (and 2 beers) canceled it so I could get some more runs in. I had sent the kids down the cafe and it took them over 20 minutes to get 2 burgers. They just were not used of the crowds.

thetrailboss

Staff member
Lines at Canyon were not bad, but the tool factor was VERY high. Craftsman high. We have friends staying at the Waldorf-Astoria, so we got to stay with them :thumbs up: Boy there are a lot of folks to which the saying, "money can't buy class" applies. We got a noise complaint against us Friday night--three of us talking in our living room at 9:30 pm :blink: Nothing rowdy.

The next morning I went downstairs to the ski room--craziness. One woman was complaining about her helmet and mittens gone--she insisted that OBVIOUSLY the mean woman beside her stole them to spite her. More stories later...

mlkrgr

Most definitely; but I heard Green Peak will be all green and blue terrain. Black terrain will still mostly be on Sunnyside. Still, would be nice to see a few more blue cruisers but it looks like it will channel more skiers down Valley Run. I think they should turn the Sunnyside lift to a HSQ as it does see enough utilization and to discourage people to go down Valley Run every time just because they want to take White Peaks up.

skifree

Call me crazy but I like sunnyside old and slow. Lap that chair often

mlkrgr

Call me crazy but I like sunnyside old and slow. Lap that chair often

I hear ya but Valley Run is going to get very crowded once Green Peak rolls in and they need some way to counter that. Also, last year Sunnyside was out of commission for two weeks, and on St Patty's Day it was having a tough time carrying a full load of chairs with it stopping frequently while White Peaks had no problem at that same time. Also, heard Sunnyside has been closing some midweek days as business is down midweek because of less deals; Monday, Wednesday, and Friday ticket prices effectively went from $43 last year to $65; and $49 plus a free lunch to $65 this year on Thursday.

Tin

The lift lines and crowded lodges are a pain, but the number of people on the slopes is the worst. My GF got his again by a rider this week bringing her total up to 4 since last year. Just too many people on the hill sometimes.

slatham

Bromley lines very manageable - HSQ always has a bit of a line, but Blue Ribbon were very short except in the 10:30-11:30 sweet spot where they were maybe 10 minutes. Thereafter not much. Alpine and Sun lift lines were minimal. Skiing is great. :)^) snowman!!!!!!!!

Mapnut

Belleayre on Sunday had 10-minute lines on the Superchief, and up to 20 minutes around 3 p.m. after a stoppage, of which there were quite a few. The singles lines were no better, in fact a couple of times I paired up with somebody to go in the doubles line. The Tomahawk quad was 2 to 5 minutes, usually the singles line was better. Not sure about the triple chair, I saw lines there at times. Belleayre had lots of moguls.