• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Arctic Warming Causing Cold Weather

Cannonball

I would add that having a polar bear as an avatar automatically makes you an alarmist since we all know polar bears are used as a propaganda tool by the IPCC.

HaHa, I just realized that myself! Jack will probably be perplexed to know that I took that photograph while working for an oil company in the arctic.

BenedictGomez

I would add that having a polar bear as an avatar automatically makes you an alarmist since we all know polar bears are used as a propaganda tool by the IPCC.

Polar bears? What polar bears? It's 2014, they're supposed to be nearly extinct by 2035. They sure better get to dieing!

jack97

you guys just proved my point.

btw, cb, doesn't matter if you work for an oil company, got to earn a living. I've known environmental engineers who work for big oil.

jack97

Polar bears? What polar bears? It's 2014, they're supposed to be nearly extinct by 2035. They sure better get to dieing!

I thought we would lose all the ice cover and all this snow we are having as well.

BenedictGomez

I thought we would lose all the ice cover and all this snow we are having as well.

Meh.......Live by the "record" low ice amounts, die by the "record" high ice amounts.

That's what happens when the media and alarmists scream "RECORD", at every turn, but intentionally fail to inform the public that the record keeping for that data is actually younger than Ashton Kutcher.

It's not generally difficult to cross a statistical "record" hurdle in either direction when the N's in your data set are so small.

fbrissette

let's forget about AGW. There's a Canada against USA hockey game tomorrow morning (men's hockey). And as I've heard on the radio, the loser gets to keep Justin Bieber.

Last edited:

Cannonball

HaHa, I just realized that myself! Jack will probably be perplexed to know that I took that photograph while working for an oil company in the arctic.

You really took that yourself? That's awesome.

How far were you? Tell the sorry!

Yes, I took that myself while working in the northern Chukchi Sea last year. I've been working in the arctic since ~2000 and have seen lots of P Bears up there.

you guys just proved my point.

btw, cb, doesn't matter if you work for an oil company, got to earn a living. I've known environmental engineers who work for big oil.

Thank you Jack. Yup we all have to earn a living. Fortunately there is no conflict of interest for this dogmatic, zealot, activist. Because the oil companies are 100% aware of the science on AGW, they understand it, they accept it, and they are working within its projections. In fact they contribute considerably to the scientific understanding of climate change that you like to deny. You guys can talk all day long about the corruption of politics and the unfair burden on free-enterprise, but the reality is that these oil companies know a SHITLOAD more than you do. They completely understand that it IS happening, they ARE planning for it, and they WILL profit from it. I have been spending 2-3 months at sea in the arctic for the past several years. Do you really think there is 1 second of debate happening about climate change up there? Here's a hint....there isn't. Yes there is some political wrangling in Anchorage and DC, that's what companies do. But ALL of the planning up there has to do with the ever-increasing access to open-water drill sites. it is just the simple and obvious reality. Every day up there I work with every range of the political spectrum, natives, "lower-48ers", foreigners, and every range of economic, education, and age categories. We argue about a LOT of things (sports, poltics, music). But climate change/global warming/sea level rise don't get a lot of attention day-to-day. Just like we don't ever debate the sunrise. It is just reality.

The Russians, Canadians, Norwegians, Finns, etc are already embracing an ice-free arctic as a way of life. The US is the only nation stuck in an antiquated debate about the reality of the near-term future (reflected in this thread) that restricts our ability to function in the arctic. As it stands right now the US can neither preserve nor exploit arctic resources thanks to a vocal minority that will not politically recognize reality. No matter which side of the issue you sit on you are getting F'd by the people who disregard climate change as a reality. If you are one of the few people still being swayed by the case against AGW, let me give you a heads up.... you are just a disposable piece of a political negotiation stragetgy between 2 sides of a conversation whom both understand the reality and the long-term outcome.

Here's another one for your enjoyment.....

p bear.jpg

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Meh.......Live by the "record" low ice amounts, die by the "record" high ice amounts.

That's what happens when the media and alarmists scream "RECORD", at every turn, but intentionally fail to inform the public that the record keeping for that data is actually younger than Ashton Kutcher.

It's not generally difficult to cross a statistical "record" hurdle in either direction when the N's in your data set are so small.

Point me to the "record high" ice amounts. Arctic sea ice volume and mass has lurched from one record low to another.

Polar bears are considered a vulnerable species by the IUCN, with a primary threat being habitat loss due to the decreasing extent of sea ice and rising sea levels.

Last edited:

jack97

Because the oil companies are 100% aware of the science on AGW, they understand it, they accept it, and they are working within its projections. In fact they contribute considerably to the scientific understanding of climate change that you like to deny.

Arrogance & dogmatic.... Never said climate change is not happening just AGW is falsified (bg as well).

BTW, I known long ago big oil has been up there for many reason as well as various militaries of the governments you spoke of. The latter are as well adapting to this change.

Last edited:

bdfreetuna

Until we acknowledge the pink elephant in the sky, I don't think we can assume there are any correlations that can be drawn with certainty regarding modern day natural weather systems.

chemtrails_1116768i.jpg

My opinion is that we are in a period of cooling due to artificially introduced aerosols into the atmosphere which are used to seed clouds, reflect more sunlight into space, and probably poison us one way or another too.

It seems like nobody wants to say "Geoengineering". Even though the Air Force has stated that it intends to completely control the weather by 2025 and there are plenty of documents like this going back to 1966..

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/documents/19680002906_1968002906.pdf

Last edited:

Rowsdower

Until we acknowledge the pink elephant in the sky, I don't think we can assume there are any correlations that can be drawn with certainty regarding modern day natural weather systems.

View attachment 11474

My opinion is that we are in a period of cooling due to artificially introduced aerosols into the atmosphere which are used to seed clouds, reflect more sunlight into space, and probably poison us one way or another too.

It seems like nobody wants to say "Geoengineering". Even though the Air Force has stated that it intends to completely control the weather by 2025 and there are plenty of documents like this going back to 1966..

http://www.geoengineeringwatch.org/documents/19680002906_1968002906.pdf

Oh you did not just go full chemtrail...