• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ouch ,1 inch of R**n for southern VT

mlctvt

I'm not liking the Thursday night/Friday forecast for southern VT; 1 inch of rain, then a freeze up Friday night. It looks like it could get into the mid 30s Sat so maybe that will help soften it up?
Damit I haven't skied in almost 2 weeks so I wasn't able to enjoy the recent snows. Must be a snow nazi out there- NO SNOW for you .:-x

ScottySkis

Weather it great then it does this then it be great again. I think Catskills at least I got to it when it was great and they all made money this past week. Skip this mess coming up and venture out when it gets good again.

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I'm happy to have snow at all. It's so nice outside right now. My house and yard have the most snow I think since I have lived there (7 years). Possibly the winter three or four years ago was close, but the last couple years I've had nothing to look at but dead grass.

MadMadWorld

Does anyone know who will be least effected by this event? I'm guessing the higher elevation and more northerly. Am I correct?

Bostonian

I am heading somewhere saturday, I don't care where, but I need to get some turns in... Not skiing last weekend since it was my wife and son's birthday just killed me. All that glorious powder and I couldn't touch it.

flightschool

Some mountains already experienced a thaw and freeze over the weekend. I was at loon yesterday. There was a very hard layer of ice underneath the snow that fell throughout the day. I expect other more southern resorts have similar conditions.

catsup948

It is going to rain hard from the wee hours on Friday until mid afternoon. Hopefully temps stay down. Snowpack in southern vermont is 3 feet in places. They will lose snow but what will be left is not melting for a long time.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Savemeasammy

Please delete this thread. Some of us are trying to fantasize about these amazing conditions lasting a bit longer!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

catsup948

I'm wondering if southern vermont really gets 1 inch of rain. Storm in question is way out in Ontario. GFS wants to pop secondary low off the new england coast. This is why the govt is saying 1 inch. Wunderground app on my phone just updated Woodford, VT to light rain and 1 inch of snow for Friday! Come on deep winter!

catsup948

And hopefully the Canadian is not right either. Looking at models is dumb anyway.... it's pounding snow here right now!

PWDR8S

Does anyone know who will be least effected by this event? I'm guessing the higher elevation and more northerly. Am I correct?

Uhhhh Southern California?

Anyways, I've been seeing estimates all over the board from 1/4 inch to 1 inch of rain and some saying passing showers and yet another saying mostly sleet...... Luck of the draw I say.

Now if we ALL concentrate and blow this out to sea to our south, we may be spared. I think it was the collective subconscious of the gen population that brought this warm spell at us. We need to slap that down and reassure everyone that a cold and snowy winter is good.... none of this thawing crap!

Savemeasammy

It's all your fault. Your unwillingness to ski anywhere other than Pat's Peak has angered the snow gods.

If the snow gods hadn't allowed me to get hurt 3 damn times, maybe I could go elsewhere!

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Lets be real guys, last week it was looking like a week long blowtorch of Rain and 50 degree weather straight up to Montreal. Now its a one day thaw with a rainstorm that will be brief.

Let's count out blessings and hit the slopes this weekend. Snow should be nice and soft as temps should climb above freezing in most places.

Winter will reload very soon, its going to be a damn cold March I can tell you that.