• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Ouch ,1 inch of R**n for southern VT

4aprice

Lets be real guys, last week it was looking like a week long blowtorch of Rain and 50 degree weather straight up to Montreal. Now its a one day thaw with a rainstorm that will be brief.

Let's count out blessings and hit the slopes this weekend. Snow should be nice and soft as temps should climb above freezing in most places.

Winter will reload very soon, its going to be a damn cold March I can tell you that.

Beginning of March looks promising, would love it if it holds out for most of the month and we can add to the base for spring (Its gotta to get warm at some point) A superstorm (ala 1993) would be the ultimate cap to this season. Make it to the 3rd week in April and I will be at peace with the world till next November.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

catsup948

Lets be real guys, last week it was looking like a week long blowtorch of Rain and 50 degree weather straight up to Montreal. Now its a one day thaw with a rainstorm that will be brief.

Let's count out blessings and hit the slopes this weekend. Snow should be nice and soft as temps should climb above freezing in most places.

Winter will reload very soon, its going to be a damn cold March I can tell you that.

Agreed! This is way better than things looked this time last week. I'm spoiled and I want no rain at all.

On another note we just picked up 3-4 inches in 3 hours! Awesome stuff!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

lerops

Beginning of March looks promising, would love it if it holds out for most of the month and we can add to the base for spring (Its gotta to get warm at some point) A superstorm (ala 1993) would be the ultimate cap to this season. Make it to the 3rd week in April and I will be at peace with the world till next November.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

I think I just fell in love with you.

catsup948

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

If March is like last year around here sign me up right now!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

mlctvt

I like your thinking. When I created this post I was basically venting because I was pissed that I haven't been able to enjoy the recent snows. The last day I skied was Feb 9th. I'll be out there Saturday no mater what the weather!

MommaBear

I was pissed that I haven't been able to enjoy the recent snows. The last day I skied was Feb 9th. I'll be out there Saturday no mater what the weather!

I'm with you mlctvt...I did manage to get up there for Friday 2/14, so I KNOW what I'm missing. Sitting here in CT yesterday watching the 7 includes of powder collecting outside my office window was killing me. Especially knowing the rain was coming. Was hoping for Saturday, but now looks like I will be attending a funeral instead. :(

jrmagic

Some mountains already experienced a thaw and freeze over the weekend. I was at loon yesterday. There was a very hard layer of ice underneath the snow that fell throughout the day. I expect other more southern resorts have similar conditions.

Wow. We got all snow at Magic. Conditions are ridiculously good this week with basically everything in play and still some deep untouched around today. Rain will suck but there's so much snow that it will come out fine. This weekend should ski very well with the warmer temps and then when it gets colder again next week off trail will get pretty firm and need some more snow to hit.

MadMadWorld

Wow. We got all snow at Magic. Conditions are ridiculously good this week with basically everything in play and still some deep untouched around today. Rain will suck but there's so much snow that it will come out fine. This weekend should ski very well with the warmer temps and then when it gets colder again next week off trail will get pretty firm and need some more snow to hit.

They still think they will be able to do the comp on Black Magic?

xwhaler

They still think they will be able to do the comp on Black Magic?

There are actually 2 comps...Magic's own this wknd and then the STE stop next Saturday. Both are slated to be on Black Magic but I wonder how much this wknd's event shreds it?

MadMadWorld

There are actually 2 comps...Magic's own this wknd and then the STE stop next Saturday. Both are slated to be on Black Magic but I wonder how much this wknd's event shreds it?

It shreds the cover a lot. I skied Black Magic last year a few days after STE and it was rough. The base depths were not as good as this year but pretty damn close. But then again I'm not sure it's ever not sketchy!

Nick

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Website
www.alpinezone.com
I am defnitely going to magic this year. one way or another. i need to get in a few days. i'm getting so flippin' antsy.

JimG.

Staff member
I like your thinking. When I created this post I was basically venting because I was pissed that I haven't been able to enjoy the recent snows. The last day I skied was Feb 9th. I'll be out there Saturday no mater what the weather!

Now you're talking.

I ski in rain (not thunderstorms). At least the snow is consistent.