• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Where are the moguls?

WoodCore

Moguls at Mohawk today! These are on Wildwood, also some nice bumps on Route 100 and Upper Mohawk.

P1020398.jpg

Edd

Nice. This looks like a nice low-angle bump run. Those are fun.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

Agreed. I can ski that and nearly look like I know what I'm doing. The steeper stuff tosses me around.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

Savemeasammy

Agreed. I can ski that and nearly look like I know what I'm doing. The steeper stuff tosses me around.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone

I wish more places would offer bump runs like this. It looks like a good one for learners. There are LOTS of people who want to ski in the bumps, but, for the most part, their only option is steeper stuff. Hurricane at Pats is littered with beginners on the weekends! It would be great for them to have an easier option to "give it a shot" on.

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

SIKSKIER

Come on guys,grooming is a necessary evil in the east.Natural snow is great but rain freeze cycles are not.Mittersill is closed right now cuz its frozen and won't open until more snow falls or warm temps return.

MadMadWorld

Come on guys,grooming is a necessary evil in the east.Natural snow is great but rain freeze cycles are not.Mittersill is closed right now cuz its frozen and won't open until more snow falls or warm temps return.

Mittersill is closed because it's been torn to shreds I believe. It's getting to that time of year where letting trails bump up is sometimes more beneficial than grooming.

2knees

All 3 CT hills have bumps..It's a revolution!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they seed thunderbolt yet or are they waiting till the 8th to do it? Are you entering that one? I am gonna bring my kids and let them ski while I compete.

powhunter

2knees. Yea doing the one on the 8th. Think they are seeding t-bolt once racing is over but they are gonna build an actual course I heard

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ssusca

Its great to hear that Southington is actually seeding bumps now. I attribute this to all the talk on this forum regarding the bumps at Sundown every year and the interest and excitement that it brings. Southington is finally doing something to add a little interest to the hill to draw a new type of clientele. Its my home hill and I rarely go there because I get bored too quickly. However now that they have bumps, it adds a little challenge to their relatively moderate slopes. I was actually there for almost 6 hours on Saturday and managed not to get too bored! If they keep this up, I may think about getting a season pass for myself and my daughter again.

mlkrgr

I think most resorts have gone to letting a side of a trail bump up for those skiers. It's nice to see for the days where snow freezes over. I think about offering an enjoyable experience everyday even if it's not primo conditions as that's how the resorts will make the most $$.

ss20

A minute from the Alta exit off the I-15!
Bumps on Wildwood are still there at Mohawk as of Saturday night. I was worried they would groom it flat after Friday's rain. Some sections (the part after the headwall and the final turn onto the Timber/Chute/Wildwood intersection) are still flat. Hope they don't groom them the rest of the season.

mikec142

Past three weekends went like this...Windham - Sugarbush - Shawnee

Bumps on all of them. Sugarbush was during the storm over the holiday weekend and the entire mountain was bumps! Its was awesome!

Wyatte74

Poor Powder Ridge. Always forgotten...

I thought Powder Bump closed...
Anyone have a suggestion as to when and where I should go after work this week? Sundown or Mohawk? I'm an hour+ away and don't expect great bumps or conditions but would like to just leave work and go somewhere I won't be to disappointed with...