• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

cannon 2-18,19,20

wakenbacon

On the hill by 130pm tuesday. Very windy with low visibility. The wind was coming down the slopes so hard that I had a hard time setting an edge. The first run I thought I had hardware malfunction.

2nd tram Wednesday. Fresh tracks down tramway brought out a few hoots n hollars from me. 2 or 3 tram laps then hiked up the saddle to mittersill. Pow bumps down the liftline were awesome. Followed some people into trees, found some steep and a few very tight lines. Just gotta remember where they are for next time. Barons had some big bumps and has definitely seen its share of traffic. Last tram lead to barely any wind and good visibilty.
IMG_20140219_190602.jpg

Didnt get on the hill till 930 today. Tired, lazy and hungry this am. Bluebird skies and good visibilty were welcomed from the last week of pow days(poor me). Warmup lap, then to kinsman. Hit a few stumps and logs, but also some knee deep pow flying stashes. After watching around 5 people hit tramline I hit it for the first time. Only really one technical spot, really wish I had hit it early am. Now I know.
Awesome few days at cannon, pretty sure it will be "home" next year.

Zoomer
IMAG0337.jpg
Kinsman
IMAG0335.jpg
IMAG0336.jpg
Top o' tramline
IMAG0340.jpg

Savemeasammy

Tramline looks great. Why would you have hit in the morning? Is it because you would have skied it more?

Sent from my iPhone using AlpineZone mobile app

wakenbacon

Noone hit it till 1030 or so..watched multiple people get fresh tracks. Would have been that much sweeter.

Abubob

Website
tee.pub
Way to get Tramline wakenb! I was there on Wednesday too with Cannonball and Company. I honestly thought that Cannonball had some power at Cannon (They have a chair and trail named after him after all) to invite me on what I thought was the supply run of the day. Not wanting to delay the day to day function of the area I arrived early enough to be ready at 8:15. I was a little perplexed, then to find the tram parking lot was filling up pretty well when I pulled in. Nobody told me it was vacation week! Still - made first tram with Cannonball, his lovely wife and rippin nephews and found a few untracked areas of fresh to shred.

After shedding a layer and getting the shorter 168 B3's (first runs were on the 190 Chubbs) I was on my own and dipped into Global Warming Glade. Vista Way has been phenomenal this year - usually it's windblown sheet - so I it was my go to trail of the day. After avoiding wind scoured Paulie's Extension I'd make over to Banshee Glade and then ride the tram again. What hasn't been mentioned is that by noon the Cannonball chair was put on wind hold but the tram ran on unimpeded so that by the time I left at 2pm it was still taking full cars to the top.

I would have posted my own report but as soon as I got home I had more snow shoveling and roof raking duties to perform so by evening I was exhausted. I had still more to do Thursday evening. I'll have some photos to post here this evening. I'm not shoveling any of this slush (I hope).

xwhaler

Awesome pics. If something hits up there in the next 2 week's I'm calling out of work.....still have never skied tramline or kinsman

wakenbacon

Definitely saw you guys on the tram one of those days. The natural stuff really does work you, im still sore.