• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Mount Sunapee 2/22/14

Kleetus

After debating where to go today after yesterdays rain I decided on Sunapee since the forecast was predicting 45 for a high giving a good chance things would soften up. I went late and only skied a half-day to save money and give the snow some time to soften up. Skiing was great and very soft pretty much everywhere and crowds weren't too bad, but I stayed away from the Summit Express which had long lines as usual.

I stayed on the bumps all day on Liftline and Flying Goose. The bumps were pretty firm on Flying Goose when I first arrived so moved over to Liftline which the bumps were nice and soft on. Lapped that for quite a while before heading back to Flying Goose around 2:30 which had softened up by that time. Stayed on the bumps on Goose for the remainder of the day before grabbing last chair and heading home around 4:30.

Overall skiing was great with good soft snow. Apparently they got quite a bit of ice and staggered the opening of the Summit and Sunbowl until around 10 causing long lines based on what I heard from people I rode up with. I'm glad I waited until noon to start skiing as it sounded like it was pretty crowded up until then.

It was out of control in the Morning! The triple line was backed up to the waffle hut because the Express and Sunbowl had to be cleared of ice from the ice storm over night!

I pulled in, saw that line, talked to a few tailgaters (They said the wait was 75 mins long!), packed up and went to Whaleback! Seems like you had a completely different experience. Good to hear the bumps on Liftline are up, I've yet to ski them this year.