• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Weather for the week of Feb 23- March 1st

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
Well, aside from the temps getting back down to normal, It's looking like a quiet week for snowfall. I'd really like to get some more natural to get away from the FGR. Stowe blends the new with the FGR which makes for a really sweet consistency.

Here's Kelly. What can I say?

flightschool

Think this is going to be his first major fail of the season. No one I follow is suggesting anything until maybe Sat/Sun and that is 100% up in the air.

hammer

So far it looks like a cold groomer day next weekend. Maybe the stronger March sun will help things. At least the snow piles in the flatlands will have a chance to recede.

4aprice

IMO the good news is that JB released a forecast map that shows the northeast staying cold for the month of March. Step 1. March can be a juicy month so getting the moisture is favored.

Alex

Lake Hopatcong, NJ

BenedictGomez

After the awesome soft bumps and spring skiing of this past weekend, I might skip skiing this coming weekend given the lack of recent snow and sustained cold. Plus the rest of March my skiing dance ticket is already punched every weekend (2xVT, 1xLP, 1xCats)

Abominable

Wunderground calling for some accumulation Sunday - Monday in Southern VT. BG - can you make this happen?

Sunday Night
Snow likely. Low 11F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 70%. 3 to 5 inches of snow expected.

Monday
Snow likely. High 24F. Winds ENE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of snow 80%. 5 to 8 inches of snow expected.

Monday Night
Cloudy with some light snow. Low 13F. Winds light and variable. Chance of snow 70%. Snow accumulating 1 to 3 inches.

hammer

Thinking of delaying this weekend, but if I do I end up delaying the following trip to 23 March...any thoughts on the forecasts long-term? Good chance of enough cold over the next several weeks?

BenedictGomez

Minnesota?

New Jersey is still the bullsyes zone as of today's 12z suite (various model outputs below).

I'm a believer in this storm now, as it's passed the "annnnndddd it's gone" time period of the models. Even the crappy American government model has it now (better late than never).

1781551_10153952962120122_334974049_o.jpg

Abominable

Nice! Getting heading that way in an hour. Would love a refresher. Hoping that Monday storm delivers too. Thanks for all the updates.