• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

Is North Conway overrated?

KD7000

Any trip that allows a stop at Moat Mountain for beer and food could never be overrated.

jimk

Here's the reason a tourist from the mid-Atlantic will occasionally forgo the other big name ski places in New England and go to North Conway: I fell in love with Wildcat on my first visit there back in the mid-'90s. Get back about once every five years. I just love the long runs, low crowds, beautiful scenery. The terrain (hard blue, easy black) hits my sweet spot. It's got character and I feel I can enjoy just about every square inbounds inch if they have the snow. Most of my visits have been in Mar or Apr and have lucked into good snow and weather. Having the infrastructure in North Conway is just a plus for the restaurants, ski shops, outlets, and cheap motels including that good hostel in Conway. I'm still using a pair of inexpensive winter boots I bought in North Conway about 9 years ago :-o

How can a place be overrated when it's close to this? :smile:
4be9bec517114.jpg
5258091f4163c.jpg
wildcat liftline.jpg