• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 5 Storm?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
NWS Boston does the Snoopy Dance:

LIGHT
icon_fangun.gif
IS AGAIN POSSIBLE
SATURDAY INTO SUNDAY...FOLLOWED BY A SIGNIFICANT WINTER
icon_snow.gif

CENTERED AROUND MONDAY. UNSEASONABLY COLD AND DRY CONDITIONS
CONTINUE THROUGH THE END OF NEXT WEEK:thumbup:.
27.0Z GUIDANCE EXHIBITS TIGHTER CLUSTERING TOWARDS ENSEMBLE MEANS
FOR THE ANTICIPATED WINTER
icon_snow.gif
CENTERED AROUND MONDAY. SENSIBLE
WEATHER DETAILS REMAIN HIGHLY :confused: ROUGHLY 5-DAYS OUT IN THE
FORECAST...NEVERTHELESS TOOK A CONSENSUS BLEND AND HAVE OUTLINED
CONFIDENCE /IN BROAD TERMS/ THROUGHOUT THE DISCUSSION BELOW.

INCREASING CONFIDENCE OF STRONG E/NE WINDS [technobabble deleted] WILL YIELD A VERY TIGHT NORTH-TO-SOUTH GRADIENT OF
icon_fangun.gif
-WINTRY MIX-:flame:.
icon_fangun.gif
-BANDING WITH 1-2 INCH PER HOUR SNOWFALL RATES POSSIBLE. :thumbup:
STILL CAUTIOUS AS THE ABOVE DISCUSSION IS BROADLY SPEAKING WITH
REGARDS TO TRENDS
GFS HAS THE MEAN SNOWFALL ...ALONG THE SOUTHERN-TIER
OF NEW ENGLAND STRETCHING BACK INTO PA WITH A GREATER THAN 40
PERCENT CONFIDENCE-LEVEL OF SEEING 6 OR MORE INCHES. THIS ADDS TO
THE OVERALL FORECAST-CONFIDENCE:thumbup: OF A SIGNIFICANT WINTER-
icon_snow.gif

IMPACT.

Ah, the words "SIGNIFICANT WINTER-STORM IMPACT" are music to my ears! :snow::spread::snow:

Last edited:

hammer

I guess they dont ski?

The gf and I love it. More moonlight snoeshoeing! And she's a cross country skier too.
Family's in South Jersey and on the shore. Much more into boating and summer activities.

Growing up I don't remember seeing too many people around who were skiers. For the adults, snowstorms were something to be endured.

BenedictGomez

This might have me skiing a little bit more in the Pocono's in March then I had originally planned.

It's really amazing. For once, the Poconos arent getting screwed. I imagine this is likely their best season in decades. I skied Shawnee on December 15, and the conditions were great then, normally I would NEVER even consider skiing in the Poconos before January.

where do you pull the maps from?

Depends. Some of them I "steal" from others if I happen to see them posted, and some of them (like the Canadian below) I ran myself. (I didnt bother posting the Canadian as it came so far south and is so much slower and colder that it's probably not a good run. My guess is the 00z Canadian will trend back to its northern position tonight). It's public information. The Euro is a bit different as you have to pay for precipitation maps from those cheap bastards.

P6_GZ_D5_PN_114_0000.gif

ScottySkis

It's really amazing. For once, the Poconos arent getting screwed. I imagine this is likely their best season in decades. I skied Shawnee on December 15, and the conditions were great then, normally I would NEVER even consider skiing in the Poconos before January.

go to Elk trust me it the best in PA i might go Sat hopefully.

catsup948

This is going to be interesting. Cold is really suppressing this thing south. If it moves north more the Catskills and Berkshires could really crank some high ratio fluff out of this.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk