• Welcome to AlpineZone, the largest online community of skiers and snowboarders in the Northeast!

You may have to REGISTER before you can post. Registering is FREE, gets rid of the majority of advertisements, and lets you participate in giveaways and other AlpineZone events!

March 5 Storm?

billski

Website
ski.iabsi.com
I really don't know why you are all talking about this. It is going to be a non-event. Ski country gets nothing and the rest of New England may get a plowable snow, or as we call it "Monday". Nobody cares about the clowns in the mid-Atlantic. They need to move.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app
'cause this is a weather thread, not a skiing/snowboarding thread.

hammer

I really don't know why you are all talking about this. It is going to be a non-event. Ski country gets nothing and the rest of New England may get a plowable snow, or as we call it "Monday". Nobody cares about the clowns in the mid-Atlantic. They need to move.

Sent from my iPad using AlpineZone mobile app
Understand your frustration but we have a sizable Mid-Atlantic contingent here who might appreciate a storm like this. Not so good for us in central to northern NE though (unless you are into snowshoeing or XC skiing).

BenedictGomez

Here's that 12z Canadian, more south, more OTS, and nowhere near as big a deal as all its' previous runs.

Hopefully the Euro (which will be out soon) at least stayed the course.

P6_GZ_D5_PN_078_0000.gif

Cannonball

The Weather Channel is a disgrace.

The ONLY purpose for their naming winter storms is to generate hype, media attention, ratings, and boost $$$$$$$.

That^ But probably more importantly, insurance companies treat named storms differently (i.e. you ain't covered). How much you want to bet the insurance lobby concocted the idea of naming every storm, then pitched it to WC so they could do everything you mention.

jack97

Let me know if you want to talk climate change in the tram.

Afterwards, we can talk about Greenpeace co founder, Patrick Moore finally getting some media exposure on his view that there is no proof of AGW.

BenedictGomez

We're still three days out. Anything this late in the year will be icing on the cake for the Poconos. A solid 6 inches will make me happy.

Agreed.

It will still probably be an okay hit, it's just that the 12"+ totals are likely off the table now.

ScottySkis

IMountain creek powdrr niGht Monday could be epic times aheadd a zone that the hilll wirh snowyvgoods thiw year winner.